And the worst driver award of 2015 goes to..

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 6Tones, Feb 23, 2015.

1. 6Tones

6Tones Supporting Member

2. ModdersAnon

ModdersAnon Member

3. Tylenol Jones

Tylenol Jones Member

"The cause of the crash is under investigation, but we believe a medical emergency may have been involved."

4. schmidlin

schmidlin Member

I like that way modern bumpers pop off at the drop of a hat. :facepalm

5. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Could be a medical emergency.

My buddy told me he had a quaalude-related medical emergency while driving in the late 70s.

:p

Medical issue, drug issue, drunken issue, stolen goods or other contraband in the car issue... as long as he/she isn't allowed to drive for the next year.

6. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Amazed "the System" went so light on this old guy.

He could easily have ran over and killed some kids. There's simply no sense that this individual feels almost no responsibility for what happened.

Putting him in Jail "could kill him". Taking away his driver's license "could kill him".

To heck with this guy. He's a menace, and when we decide people of a certain age are immune from accountability this sort of "panic" will just get more and more common.

Talk about video giving a certain impression. Looks like some drugged bank robber trying to escape. This is not the action of a "good hearted" person. And I am sick of old people tearing up my cars and then just driving away.

7. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I bet I'd never get away with that lite sentence. He should be treated like anyone else. And that means jail time for attempting to get away.

8. dave s

dave s Member

I believe the news story I saw claimed the driver was a 92-year-old man who 'got the accelerator and brake pedals mixed up.'

92? WTF? My sister took my mom's keys from her at 82 and she probably shouldn't have been driving past 80.

Almost every time you see a news story about a car driving into a restaurant or store front it's a WAY past senior citizen driving. I'm certainly all for independent living for seniors but there comes a point in their driving life that lack of mental faculty and age turns a vehicle into a deadly weapon.

Glad no pedestrians were run over and killed. The cars can be repaired.

Take his keys and license ... NOW.

dave