And TPS just made the OCD 1.7 into a holy grail

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 1.0 and I love it, irreplaceable part of my rig, but if I had to get another one I'm sure I'd get used to whatever version it is.

andtrea

For the record, the version 2.0 finally fix the impedance problem with other pedals, that added with the confusion of the different versions always held me back from the OCD.

Finally I tried a 2.0 and liked A LOT. With the tone knob just before noon is perfect for me, no crazy mids nor harshness.

markophonic

Gold Supporting Member
I have a 1.2 and it suits me. Nice pedal but if something happened to it I certainly wouldn't buy another. There is just too much other stuff out there nowadays.

dbarila

I just took my 1.7 off my board and replaced it with a Snouse BB2. I tried so hard but the OCD always just sounded too muddy or fizzy to me.

earwax

I just took my 1.7 off my board and replaced it with a Snouse BB2. I tried so hard but the OCD always just sounded too muddy or fizzy to me.

I had a Snouse BB2 and sold it after a week. Then tried the KOT which was better then the BB2 to my ears. Traded that away though cause I was more of a fan of the Klon boost and FD2 overdrive. My OCD isn’t going anywhere either.

eriwebnerr

I'm a little late to the party but I'm listening to the video on some high quality monitors and the v2 sounds head and shoulders better to me. It's funny, I usually hear what they are describing but in this case their "chewy in the mids" on v1.7 sounds congested and muffled to me. V2 is much more open and amp-like. I haven't owned an OCD in probably 10 years or so, so I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do tend to like more open sounding drives.

I wonder if what they are describing is more what the amps sounded like in the room, where that extra congestion and compression worked vs. the sound of a mic'd cab that we are hearing.

FuzzyAce

Wow! Y'all are really OCD about this aren't ya?
It appears the pedal lives up to its name.o_O Would be cool to have another pedal called the "LAD™". Lazy A$$ Drive™. Slower attack and a warmer, slighty fuzzy bottom end.

ekajnitram

I've actually never played an OCD.
I may be the only one here that hasn't...
:hide
I haven't either, I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and it's hilarious/ironic how my personal OCD won't allow me to play one because I hate Comic Sans that much. That being said, I do have a FullDrive 2 Mosfet on the way since a buddy was selling it for a good deal to help fund his tour.

FuzzyAce

I haven't either, I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and it's hilarious/ironic how my personal OCD won't allow me to play one because I hate Comic Sans that much. That being said, I do have a FullDrive 2 Mosfet on the way since a buddy was selling it for a good deal to help fund his tour.
Funny, i am too. matter of fact was just discussing fonts with a compadre on an unrelated subject and he refers to me as the font police. :D

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
The Abominable Electronics Oppressive Cult Destroyer is a great version of the OCD that has the distinct benefit of not putting more money in the pocket of Mr. Fuller and his sparkling personality.

ekajnitram

The Abominable Electronics Oppressive Cult Destroyer is a great version of the OCD that has the distinct benefit of not putting more money in the pocket of Mr. Fuller and his sparkling personality.
I've been an Abominable fan for some time now, and I'm not sure how I never made the connection that this pedal was a beefed up OCD.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
I've been an Abominable fan for some time now, and I'm not sure how I never made the connection that this pedal was a beefed up OCD.

AE is super underrated, IME, but that’s hardly surprising given their penchant for trolling the P&W crowd. He’d sell an order of magnitude more pedals if he simply adorned them with a more traditional aesthetic. Several punch way above their weight class.

ekajnitram

AE is super underrated, IME, but that’s hardly surprising given their penchant for trolling the P&W crowd. He’d sell an order of magnitude more pedals if he simply adorned them with a more traditional aesthetic. Several punch way above their weight class.
Yeah, he's a solid dude who just wants to run his business his way, and if people don't like it he really doesn't care. I'm sure you're right and he could totally sell ten fold what he does, if he went with a more traditional design on the cases. But I love the stuff he's doing, and the art work... I think he's gotten a lot of influx of orders due to his GCI Collaborations with Kurt.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom