1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

And while we're at it, where'd the pot thread go?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by openbar, Feb 6, 2008.

1. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

I asked this question about a month ago about the craze for upgrading pots. The thread disappeared while I was waiting for a reply, so I'll ask again:

It seems that some companies are selling upgrade kits with "Gibson" branded pots in there. How could this be any improvement over the pots in my Gibson? I believe my guitar could benefit from an upgrade, as it's been sounding kinda dead lately. But I don't want to buy the emperor's new clothes either. Thoughts?

2. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

3. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

I haven't seen any with Gibson branded pots.

Go Dr. Vintage or RS and you'll be happy with the results.

4. openbar

I believe it's Mojo that sells the Gibson ones. I know RS specs their own, but others seem to be selling what would be stock (in an American guitar) anyway.

5. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I am expecting some CTS pots and WCR blasting caps in the mail shortly.An inexpensive way to indulge GAS and improve your tone.

6. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

7. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Member

wait, what? Were we talking about which pots were in a nash tele? I think

oh, cool, I found a dorito chip

um, something about a cap, an orange drop. Orange. drop. Like dropping Orange Sunshine...far out, man.:messedup

I think I'll take a nap, now. Wake me up when somebody finds out what pots are in a nash tele and the value of the orange drop caps, por favor. Gracias.

8. openbar

Hahaha, I know I know. But I hate soldering, so the less the better!