Anderson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by psyandy, May 27, 2011.

1. psyandy

psyandy Member

Hey Guys,
    I recently bought a TA Drop Top from a fellow forumite. I can't say whether the guitar is a keeper yet, but the Anderson guys sure are!!!

I emailed Tom this afternoon and after one back and forth with the man himself, I had a schematic and an open line of access to the man himself.

People pay big money for these guitars, but how can you value this kind of customer service. This is a 13 year old guitar and I'm the 3rd or 4th owner. You won't find this kind of support anywhere except a small handful (Danocaster, Rocketfire, K-Line, Rice, RS Guitarworks, and the other great guys).

I want to keep the guitar just on principal.

Andy

2. High Gain Junkie

High Gain Junkie Member

I too just bought a used Drop Top and was treated very well the few times I contacted them, always got quick replies, and always just the right info that I needed.

I live closer to the TAG factory than I do to any dealers so they even offered to let me drop by and try out a few different models so I could be sure I got the one I wanted. I was ready to try a few and order one when I found a really nice used one that I couldn't say no to so I never dropped by and took them up on their offer, though I still should!

[​IMG]

Jim S, Ethn Hayabusa and guitrr like this.
  3. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

You wont find better service anywhere. Tom and company are very responsive and always willing to help, even when buying used.
    Great company, congrats on your guitar.

4. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

I got one new (Crowdster Plus 2) and one used (Hollow Cobra).

[​IMG]

Tom has given me just as good service on the used one (which I changed to Gold and ordered parts from him for).

There isn't a better company to deal with anywhere.

Andy, you forgot to mention that Tom took care of all that while he was laid up, home in bed from a back injury! (I also frequent the excellent Anderson forum, you see.)

5. Devnor

Devnor Member

Wonderful guitars! Here's 2 of my babies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. psyandy

psyandy Member

You are so right...he was laid up in bed....bad back and still took the time.

If we are going to talk about the forum over there :). Jack Gretz also helped me a lot. I tried to update my email address (been a member for years, never posted) and it castrated my account. Jack got me set back up during a power outage via his iPhone....can't go wrong on the TA or TGP forums :).

Pietro...are you still selling one of your TA's?????

7. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

the TA guys are REALLY cool - during my "superstrat 90s", i owned 3 or 4 Andersons over that time -- had a REALLY nice bowling ball Pro Am that was painted by Pat Wilkins, GREAT guitar - and a 50s maple neck S style, as well as a blackguard "T" style and of course a droptop.

REALLY fantastic service, even if it was a used guitar or new.

saw them all at NAMM a few months back and played all the show guitars. MOST impressed with the new "shorty" strat - 24 3/4" scale length "S" style guitar - very nice!

i remember one of the employees sons had gotten SEVERELY burned, nearly as bad as i did when i was 12, and i corresponded with the young man. the entire company banded together to raise money and help their fellow employee -- it was much bigger than just building guitars.

i was really impressed with all the stuff i played at NAMM, that's for sure!

superstratjunky and Jim S like this.
  8. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

Great Guitar Company !!!!, Why do I have guitars from small builders, besides building great guitars , Theres a person who stands behind most of them that really cares .
    Tom Anderson is surly one of them , one of the best guitars on the Planet !!!!

9. Brian Porter

Brian Porter Member

Great fretwork is the first thing to notice. Some of the best out there in my opinion. Everything else is top notch build wise, and you can tell they care about what they make and it shows in all their guitars.

Soon an anderson will be in my arsenal. All the ones i've played have been fantastic.

10. t3oi

t3oi Silver Supporting Member

Tom is good people's. I don't believe it is possible to get better fretwork than what TAG does and first class support all around.

Tom Gross likes this.
  11. HS3

HS3 Member

12. Shredgrhog

Shredgrhog Member

Right at the top of my wishlist. I've contacted them a few times with questions about things and TA himself has answered every time. Very very cool. Leo never answers my emails.....

13. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Andersons Playability has no equal. [​IMG] just wish he would be a bit more open to traditional and custom guitar Ideas. its kinda his way or the highway. but when your as good as he is , I guess you can be like that.

14. gibson5413

gibson5413 Member

Can't go wrong here. Tom and Roy are some of the greats in the industry. I just ordered my third Classic to be delivered in September. Here are my other two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. psyandy

psyandy Member

What can you say about guitars built to this level and support that continues to match that standard.

16. pavlov

pavlov Senior Member

The Tonemerchants stadium waiting for Guthrie.
    They simple RULE. Here's a few i own/owned.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

superstratjunky and Jim S like this.
  17. pavlov

pavlov Senior Member

The Tonemerchants stadium waiting for Guthrie.
  18. mapleneck72

mapleneck72 Supporting Member

Great people and +1 on the best fretwork.
    Tom has employed some great people.
    Bruce Nelson did a set-up and mod for me when I was passing through on vacation.
    Benny Rodriguez put Wolfetone pickups in my Cobra and did a side dress on my Larrivee to make it more like the Anderson frets.

19. picnic

picnic Supporting Member

[​IMG]t

this is my favorite. I have had 6-7 TA T's, Classics and Drop Tops. this one has the features I liked most in the others. Pups are M1, VA1 and TV3, add bridge pull pot, M1 mini toggle splitter, sunburst and pearloid guard.

Anderson is one of the best guitar builders on the planet

20. MantraSky

MantraSky Supporting Member