1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anderson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by psyandy, May 27, 2011.

1. brokenvail

brokenvail Supporting Member

Not sold on neck or neck pup? Figured a 60 +20 is right up your alley. Neck is prob Ph1? Same as Bull Dog?

2. Eliguitar

Eliguitar Member

The neck feels amazing! Its the PH1 on that particular guitar. It has a little bit of a filtertron type of vibe which is cool but not exactly what Im looking for.
    I have a PQ-1 on the bulldog and it's perfect for that guitar! I just got it so I wanna give it a little more time before thinking about replacing the neck pickup.
    Everything else on it is killing!

3. Bogner

Bogner Member

Love my Bulldogs! Great Great guitars and a great company run by great people.

brokenvail likes this.
  4. brokenvail

Gotcha! The PH is the same as PQ except in a humbucker size. I have a PH-1 in my cobra. Def a cool pup

Eliguitar likes this.
  5. Matteo11

Matteo11 Supporting Member

Bumping this thread because well Anderson deserves it and I LOVE my Angel. It's my first Anderson and quite frankly I don't want any other guitar make unless it's an Anderson....ruined me for all others. :)

I've never seen or had a guitar that stays in tune so well it's freaky. Even with heavy daily use (and with a floating trem) it rarely needs to be re tuned and I am super picky when it comes to tuning. I'm a huge fan of the BF tuning system and love that Tom puts it on all his guitars.

Now just trying to decide if I should get a Cobra T or a used Bulldog next.....leaning Cobra T at the moment.

Here's mine ....plays like butter, sounds amazing and fits like a favorite old pair of jeans

[​IMG]

6. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

/\

Gorgeous. Classy to the max.

Matteo11 likes this.
  7. mrwolf

mrwolf Member

Matteo11 likes this.
  8. mrwolf

mrwolf Member

Sorry about the links, I can't work out how to share the actual pics

Matteo11 likes this.
  9. Millul

Millul Member

10. Matteo11

Very nice!

I tried copying and pasting the images on here for you but for whatever reason they wouldn't post for me either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mrwolf

mrwolf Member

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

12. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

13. Matteo11

I tried it again and got it this time. I think the issue was not copying the "Direct Link" in Imgur. If you click on the image in Imgur it gives you a few options to copy the link like "Image link" "Direct Link" etc. For TGP you need to use the one titled "Direct Link."

Here they are below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. brokenvail

First off great guitar Cobra T is awesome. I have one with a trem. Guys are trying to sell Bull Dogs for an arm and a leg. I think those prices need to come down. I love TAG but those Bull Dogs are most likely not going to becoming collectors pieces they way these used sellers are trying to make them appear. I wanted a used Bull Dog and ended up with a used 3 knob Bob Cat instead. I am super happy with my Bob Cat.

Matteo11 likes this.
  15. mrwolf

mrwolf Member

Thanks for the help
    Over 1000 gigs on the Drop Top and still my favourite.

16. Matteo11

Thanks!

I am seriously leaning towards a Cobra T. 95% sure I am getting one once I find the one I want at a good used price. I am considering putting up my 3rd Power Citizen Gain CSR head in trade here for one just haven't decided yet.

I just started a new thread asking opinions on the Cobra T. Everyone seems to say that it is a VERY versatile guitar I just cant find one here in Nashville to try out.

I am with you on those used Bulldog prices. They seem a little too high to me too. I have wondered about the collector aspect of owning one. If they were priced more reasonably I would be more willing to try one out.

I did try out a Bobcat and really liked it except the neck that was on it didn't fit my hand the way I wanted. I cant remember the neck size it had on it since it was awhile ago but on my Angel it is an Even Taper and that is about perfect for me.

17. brokenvail

The cobra is sick. I had one with RW neck and the one I have now had a mahogany neck. I prefer the mahogany. The kicker with buying used Tag is the necks. I almost never see a Cobra, Bull Dog or Bob Cat with an ET neck. S and T shaped guitars that are 25.5 scale length have the often. For me the bigger the better and I would not even buy a guitar with a normal ET profile lol

Matteo11 likes this.
  18. Matteo11

Yeah I've tried a few different neck shapes from Anderson and the one that just fits me best is the even taper. They are few and far between with the ET neck but I remember seeing one not too long ago so I may just have to be patient (which is not my strong suit) ha

19. gibson5413

gibson5413 Member

Most Bulldog/Bobcat models are Happy Medium most likely to mimic a thicker neck carve like the Les Paul. Both of my Bulldogs have the Even Taper carve. Fits my hands like a glove. I'll never get rid of them.

mrwolf and Matteo11 like this.
  20. Bgillon

Bgillon Gold Supporting Member

FYI, and you probably already know, Gruhn's in Nashville has had several collector grade Andersons for a little while. There are a couple of Cobra's there. I bought my Hollow Atom from that group of guitars a while back.

Matteo11 likes this.