Anderson Appreciation Thread

macrofor

Macro
Silver Supporting Member
My Hollow Shorty T, Rosewood top, Alder Body, stained maple neck and fingerboard, Even Taper neck profile, 5.5 lbs. My only mod has been to install Ron Ellis pickups.

nice guitar, what does a short scale T even sound like. More mid grunt I assume?
wfXslnv.jpg

5TmgG6z.jpg

LMUDaBf.jpg

spence

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my new Drop Top shorty. Even taper neck, SC1, SC1, HF2 pickups. It covers just about everything I need it to. I haven't touched my Les Paul or Strat since I got it. There's a light glare on the lower horn in the picture in case anyone is wondering.

Silvertree

Platinum Supporting Member
I called the factory yesterday and talked to Tom, which is really cool btw. I had a few questions about the Arc Angel. I didn’t know that I was speaking with him until the end and I blurted out “you suck, your guitars are amazing and now I want all of them!” I felt stupid after but he seemed to take it how I meant it. My Cobra S is amazing.

Now I can’t decide between waiting for an Arc Angel, and Angel, or a Drop Top Shorty

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
I called the factory yesterday and talked to Tom, which is really cool btw. I had a few questions about the Arc Angel. I didn’t know that I was speaking with him until the end and I blurted out “you suck, your guitars are amazing and now I want all of them!” I felt stupid after but he seemed to take it how I meant it. My Cobra S is amazing.

Now I can’t decide between waiting for an Arc Angel, and Angel, or a Drop Top Shorty

Depends how different or similar you want to go vs your Cobra S. If you want the same guitar with 24 frets, it’s the Arc Angel. I think the most different would be a Drop Top or Angel (standard scale length) with Maple over Alder or Basswood.

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
5.5 lbs?!?!?!

I want.....I want... :)

Anderson offers the vast majority, if not all of their models with a “hollow” (chambered) option, including the S, T and Bobcat/Les Paul models. So if you wanted more weight reduction on a TA guitar, that’s an option you can select. That same guitar not chambered would probably be about 1 to 1.25 lbs heavier.

pipedwho

Can compare the uncovered H3 and H3+ in a reverse of your plan
H3+ in the alder/maple Angel above, H3 in basswood ProAm
The + has more sizzle and is more compressed
H3 in the ProAm makes for a perfect 80s rock machine
It's worth noting that the HC series are covered version of the HF series, not the regular H series. The HF is more of a traditional tone versus the fuller more hifi like tone of the H series.

So the HC3 is a covered HF3, and doesn't sound at all like the H3.

Cap'n Lee

It's worth noting that the HC series are covered version of the HF series, not the regular H series. The HF is more of a traditional tone versus the fuller more hifi like tone of the H series. So the HC3 is a covered HF3, and doesn't sound at all like the H3.
A fair point. I made the assumption the ‘C’ was added for a covered version.
As ‘+’ means more windings on the coil of the same pickup, the effect will be similar in any series.

kev

fire hydrant
Double Platinum Member
Is anyone here one of the lucky owners of the examples made through the years by TAG in homage to George Harrison's "Rocky" Strat? After seeing one on his site years ago, to this day I can't get that out of my brain cell, esp. since all of the other versions of "Rocky" I've ever seen are...well...not at the level of a TAG, even before painting it up.

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
Is anyone here one of the lucky owners of the examples made through the years by TAG in homage to George Harrison's "Rocky" Strat? After seeing one on his site years ago, to this day I can't get that out of my brain cell, esp. since all of the other versions of "Rocky" I've ever seen are...well...not at the level of a TAG, even before painting it up.

No, but I did ask Roy about this recently and they are available by special order. He said there is a California artist not too far from them who does the paint work on this guitar, and the paint is about a $2000-2500 upcharge. So all in it would be a little over $5K.

It’s incredible and I would love to have one (which is why I asked about it) but I wasn’t willing to spend that money at the time or now, although I agree it’s worth every penny. Maybe one day ;)

brokenvail

A fair point. I made the assumption the ‘C’ was added for a covered version.
As ‘+’ means more windings on the coil of the same pickup, the effect will be similar in any series.
Those assumptions are correct C is for covered. Only thing is it is a covered HF and not a covered H. The plus is always a little more sizzle of the same number. For my tastes I have not enjoyed any plus models and not been crazy about the minus models

Herzomud1

Happy New (to me) Guitar Day to yours truly. 2011 Mongrel, had the exact neck specs I like (Even Taper/Low Rise), had to pick it up.

It has the older (?) 3-position VA boost switch, and I'm only familiar with the newer 2-way switch- can anyone enlighten me on how this one works?

View media item 209380

Based on a few similar older spec TAGs I have had the 3 way mini toggle on HSS should be:
middle - standard Humbucker (HSS)
up - splits Humbucker (SSS)
down - activates VA boost on all pickups (HSS)

marzzz

I am now rejoining the TA crewe after being away for awhile. An Olympic White Classic SSS will hopefully arrive within a week. I had a Jack's Blue Cobra a few years back, never should have sold it. Will probably get another once my credit card recovers...

marzzz

When I was looking to order a TA Classic, dealers told me about 6 months from order to delivery. I just got lucky and found one for sale with the exact specs I wanted. Only problem with that was I planned on settling in and looking for a Cobra or possibly ordering one, when wouldn't you know it....

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
When I was looking to order a TA Classic, dealers told me about 6 months from order to delivery. I just got lucky and found one for sale with the exact specs I wanted. Only problem with that was I planned on settling in and looking for a Cobra or possibly ordering one, when wouldn't you know it....

So you got the Classic and are still looking at a Cobra? What are the specs on the one you have and what are you thinking about for the other?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom