Anderson Atom would cost new?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Guitarplayerdan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

I order one from anderson guitars estimate how much would it cost. The tags always say like retail $4000+. I want a 3 pick up with bigsby. And what the difference bettwen atom, atom special. Thanks

2. DamianP

DamianP Member

Hi Dan.
    I think Tom Anderson would be able to tell you that.

Damian.

3. pipedwho

pipedwho Member

Don't know about the price. Andersons don't run with the same kind of massive markup that Gibson and Fender do.

The special is an all mahogany body, whereas the regular atom will have a maple cap on top of mahogany.

Also, if you're ordering a custom Atom now, you should be able to specify a new carved top version. The new one is supposed to sound even closer to the Les Paul tone, but with the great playability of an Anderson.

4. jharpersj

jharpersj Silver Supporting Member

Call Indoor Storm or Wildwood Guitars they can help, my Atom is a dual hum and its incredible

5. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

Do they get gretsch jet or les paul sounds? Right now Im thinking about a gretsch jet and a anderson atom.

6. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

7. tstone

tstone Supporting Member

When I ordered my Drop Top I was told dealers usually discount the retail price by approx 30%. Check out www.indoorstorm.com - the "request discount" button on the guitar page send you an e-mail with their discounted price.

8. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

DIscounts can vary widely by dealer, though, so be sure to shop around. But, in any case, it will be worth it. My Atom is a freaking unbelievable guitar. I only wish the carve top had been out when I bought it, that would be the only thing I would change about the one I have (and maybe a slightly bigger neck). It's got tones that I've never been able to get (or even heard) from another guitar.

I have M1/M1/H2, and I can't recommend this setup highly enough. I think this is the perfect set of pickups for this guitar, though some people who have two humbuckers love it too. I can get a total of 10 sounds with this setup, and each one of them is totally unique (unlike some guitars with various settings that I've had in the past, where many of them sounded the same). The mini hums are just awesome, and the Atom seems to like slightly weaker humbuckers, so where I had an H2+ and an H3 for bridge pickups on past Andersons, I went with the H2 on this one, and it sounds fantastic.

9. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

is it more les paul are more gretsch jet are any comparisons?

10. Steve L

Steve L Supporting Member

I second that emotion!

11. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

Definitely more LP since it's solid (they do have a 'hollow' which is chambered, but I don't have any experience with it...and even then, I'm not sure if would go the jet comparison). It's really hard to describe because to me it definitely sounds better than any LP (or LP style) I've ever played. It doesn't have the low end "thunk" which may be good or bad depending on if you like that thunk...I don't, so it's good for me. It has a lot more complexity to the tone, a bit more "focus", and cuts through in the mix better, IMO. It also has a lot more clarity to the tone, whereas LPs are 'muddy' sounding to my ear. And, of course, they play 100% better than any LP as far as I'm concerned. Plus you can customize it. They're just amazing guitars.

12. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

I have a les paul. ITs definately a specialty guitar for me only use it on think grungy stuff. I like it. But it can be to muddy for my ears and has a massive low end. Theres part I love and parts I dont.