Anderson incoming... stoked!

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I have been on a search for the perfect companion to my amazing PRS DGT and I think I have found it! Basically I need a second #1 for gigs and I'm strongly considering bringing one guitar to shows. I consider the DGT an amazing instrument that has fantastic modern appointments with a vintage vibe - just enough of each to work perfectly for the variety of Pop/rock/modern country songs I gig and the more alternative / fusion / hard rock influenced music I record and plan on performing live soon.
But, I wanted a killer single coil "style" companion. I was going to try a super strat but LOVE Tele's (vintage and more modern) and I think this sucker should do the trick! Anyone play an Anderson please chime in, very excited to gig this all through April (shows are stacking up!).
This has Andersons mini-humbucker installed but seller is including the original Tele bridge pickup as well. I'll try both!

Reactions: KSL

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Used to own the EXACT same Anderson. Still missed. Not a bad sound to be had, and you'll love it!

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Used to own the EXACT same Anderson. Still missed. Not a bad sound to be had, and you'll love it!
It has the buzz feiten tuning system - anything special to be prepared for with that?
Also mentions some type of boost which is actually engaged on the volume pot? Any experience with that? Can it be used to boost for leads?

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
It has the buzz feiten tuning system - anything special to be prepared for with that?
Also mentions some type of boost which is actually engaged on the volume pot? Any experience with that? Can it be used to boost for leads?
I got along fine with the Feiten system, but then again, I'm clearly in the camp of "good enough for rock n' roll" and am not super picky as to tuning, but FWIW, it always sounded well tuned to my ears.

I know some Andersons come with a passive 'vintage vibe' type boost, and had one on a super strat of his activated by a mini-toggle, but found it to be more of a just slight alteration in tone than an actual boost. My tele like yours didn't have it, but came from the factory with the two mini-hums, and sounded glorious.

TVa

Gold Supporting Member
I got along fine with the Feiten system, but then again, I'm clearly in the camp of "good enough for rock n' roll" and am not super picky as to tuning, but FWIW, it always sounded well tuned to my ears.

I know some Andersons come with a passive 'vintage vibe' type boost, and had one on a super strat of his activated by a mini-toggle, but found it to be more of a just slight alteration in tone than an actual boost. My tele like yours didn't have it, but came from the factory with the two mini-hums, and sounded glorious.
You can tune the guitar normally with the feiten tuning system. When I want to "fine tune" the guitar, I use a Korg Dt-7 set on Buzz Feiten. I do that if I'm playing with a piano player as I am very sensitive to being out of tune, even slightly, and I find it difficult to play with keyboards/pianos on other strat/tele guitars (a big reason I love my Anderson).

Your guitar does not appear to have a "VA booster," but I may just not be able to see it. I have a three-single coil S-classic, and on my guitar--they are very "twangy" with the VA boost OFF. When I turn it on, it gets a much warmer, gainier, less twangy sound. Both sounds are really useful, but I wouldn't call it a perceived volume boost.

Make sure you tell us how you like those M-series pickups. I've thought about getting a T like that for years. My guess is that thing will have a really "fat"-type tele sound. Probably warm and sweet compared to a Am. std. tele or something. It will play amazingly well (like--ruin you type well), stay in tune, and generally be a fantastic workhorse.

Trending Topics