Anderton's review of Marshall mini jubilee

John 14:6

I loved their review of the 100 watt head and I normally like their reviews in general, but I thought these amps sounded like a little Line 6 amp at least in this clip. I had an original 50 watt Jubilee head back in the late 80's and I remember it sounding a heck of a lot better than this "Mini Jube" clip.

Last edited:

dave999z

I read the manual for this amp posted on Marshall's site, and I can't say I understand the signal path and how the controls work. Do the two channels have different amounts of gain, or just different master volume levels?

Serenity

The banter isn't as good in this one but the amp sounds better
If i wasn't GASin' for an AFD100 this would be top of my list for next amp, but i'm still gonna have to go try one. :D

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
What's the difference in $$ between this and the Friedman mini Dirty Shirley. Wouldn't the Friedman be a better option?

OiRogers

Anderton's don't do reviews.
They promote stuff they sell.
Big difference.

Lloyd
That.

I will admit I do watch their stuff when I'm stuck in very boring places, but much like Guitar World gear reviews... I take em with a big grain of salt.

I have yet to see an "yeah... I'd keep looking and not buy this" review from them.

twoheadedboy

They have the uncanny ability to make most of what they play thru sound bad.
A big part of the problem, in my opinion, is that they're close mic'ing everything. The resulting tones are usually pretty raw and immediate, which can work well in a mix, but can sound a little jarring in isolation, especially for guitarists who aren't used to listening to close mic'd guitar sounds. A recording setup involving a room mic would sound much more natural, IMHO.

Anybody else get this vibe from Rob sometimes?

Last edited:

John 14:6

The banter isn't as good in this one but the amp sounds better
If i wasn't GASin' for an AFD100 this would be top of my list for next amp, but i'm still gonna have to go try one. :D
That clip was much better. Especially on the heavy rock sounding bits. This is more how I remember my 50 watt Jubilee head sounding.

Telejester

I wish they would ditch Rob Chapman, what an irritating guy who ruins every video by Playing the same licks and talking a lot of nonsense. Lee is a much more limited player but plays with taste and soul, exactly the opposite of Rob.

Axe-Man

Love the Cap'n and Chappers; they are a refreshing breath of fresh air in a sea of marketing meh.

The Captain is funny and opinionated and Chappers can certainly noodle like a man possessed too. Jokes about Star Wars, Doctor Who, British 'things'...it's funny IMHO. No wonder their vids are so popular.

Trending Topics