• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Andy Timmons - Bohemian Awesomeness!

peter_heijnen

Pete Thorn just posted his Namm 2019 vid. The video quite prominently features Andy Timmons playing his instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Wow, just wow!

Big thanks to Pete for giving AT that much space in his video, awesome!

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Timmons playing his instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Wow, just wow!
Making all that work would keep a lad busy for a while.:eek:
I wonder what it would sound like if we were not all totally saturated with that song, though?
Would the Timmons version stand on its own, without the Queen context?

johnnyb128

Not detracting at all from Timmons', it was awesome, but for comparison purposes here's this great version by some legendary players in case you missed it:

Jake Shimabukuro's been doing it forever and is awesome too:

peter_heijnen

I wonder what it would sound like if we were not all totally saturated with that song, though?
Would the Timmons version stand on its own, without the Queen context?
I think it's totally the opposite of what you wonder. Though we're all totally saturated with that song AT's take totally stands it's own, let alone how he catches all the essence of the song while only needing his guitar trio.

Last edited:

peter_heijnen

Not detracting at all from Timmons', it was awesome, but for comparison purposes here's this great version by some legendary players in case you missed it:

Jake Shimabukuro's been doing it forever and is awesome too:
The Shimabukuro take is great but it has some flaws to my taste. The other one i hadn't missed but that's really not my cup of tea though i used to be a big Vai and Nuno fan.

Last edited:

Trending Topics