Andy Timmons playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

Yossi

You can really tell a lot about his right hand attack. Just listen to the sound of the strings.

DakotaRed

The guitar looks like his old warhorse Ibanez, the prototype for his signature model.

He mentions at the end that he is going to practice and get better... sheesh!

bobmc

Silver Supporting Member
You can really tell a lot about his right hand attack. Just listen to the sound of the strings.
I never gave it much thought until the big Hotlicks video craze years ago; granted it has to do with miking, but I realized that the guys I liked were picking very, very dynamically. At that time, all my grind came from a pedal.

Ok well the tone isn't great but it sounded like the amp was on 1. The attack on the strings was louder than the amp!

That was just amazing if it was his first attempt at the song. Imagine if he actually practiced it!

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
The guy is playing through a tiny battery powered amp guys? No need to call the TGP tone police. Don't really care if he was playing through a Pignose. His phrasing and adding to the melody was pretty awe-inspiring.

1960lp

The guy is playing through a tiny battery powered amp guys? No need to call the TGP tone police. Don't really care if he was playing through a Pignose. His phrasing and adding to the melody was pretty awe-inspiring.
I agree! The video is not about the tone!

Trending Topics