• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Andy Williams has died....

DYNA BILL

I always liked Andy Williams. Watched his weekly shows as a teen and saw a couple of his shows live. He owned Andy Williams' Moon River Theater just 20 miles south of me in Branson, Missouri, and he lived there too. I saw him walking down the street in Branson a few years ago and as we passed each other on the sidewalk, we smiled at each other and I said hello and he said "Hello there. How are you doing on this fine sunny day?" And we kept walking. A very nice man.
RIP Andy.

Last edited:

scottlr

Bummer! I loved him when I was a little kid, and watched his 60s TV show every week. RIP, Andy.

guitarist58

I didn't see this thread--just posted the news in the Pub...

We did this song in the last band I was in. I really, really like it. Enjoyed his show way back when.

Thank you, Andy. Rest in Peace.

_

Wildwind

I grew up on Andy Williams. He was a huge favorite of my musician mother and I grew to love him. IMO, he had the most amazing voice I ever heard. And I do remember the TV show and always loved it as well. RIP Andy Williams. And many thanks for filling my heart with your voice.

beanbass

That's a bummer. He was one of my all-time favorite singers. My favorite Christmas album, the red one, a favorite among all my siblings as well.

Moon River was always a special song for my wife and me, and was played at our wedding.

How to make a great song even better - listen to these warm voices blend:

GFR4LYF

I remember watching his tv show with my parents. I liked his music, but my parents were the real fans of his music in our family.

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
My Mom was a big fan so I too grew up listening to Andy Williams sing. He seemed like one of those guys who smiled alot, thats one thing I remember, and I liked that. Respect.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Boy.....I remember hearing Andy's Hit Song as a kid being played via an outdoor PA Speaker from a bar that was next door to a garage my dad worked. They played Moon River (Andy Williams), Fly me to the Moon & Blue Moon (Frank Sintara) all the time.....and I remember wondering if that Juke Box had just 3 records....LOL

Anyway...RIP Andy. His X-Mas Specials, Variety Show and Music was something I grew up with, and will fondly remember.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
I liked his Xmas shows. My sister had one of his lps, I didn't put play it but I'd certainly listen to it.

davebc

We did this song in the last band I was in. I really, really like it. Enjoyed his show way back when.

_

Wow, beautiful is the only way to describe that.

I always remember Andy's was laid back style was a good foil for his more bombastic contemporaries like Dino, Sammy and company. Great stuff.

Andy will be performing in a different room from Jimi, Duane and SRV in the hereafter.

davebc

_

Wow, beautiful is the only way to describe that.

I always remember Andy's was laid back style was a good foil for his more bombastic contemporaries like Dino, Sammy and company. Great stuff.

Andy will be performing in a different room from Jimi, Duane and SRV in the hereafter.;)

Trending Topics