Andy Williams has died....

DYNA BILL

I always liked Andy Williams. Watched his weekly shows as a teen and saw a couple of his shows live. He owned Andy Williams' Moon River Theater just 20 miles south of me in Branson, Missouri, and he lived there too. I saw him walking down the street in Branson a few years ago and as we passed each other on the sidewalk, we smiled at each other and I said hello and he said "Hello there. How are you doing on this fine sunny day?" And we kept walking. A very nice man.
RIP Andy.

Last edited:

scottlr

Bummer! I loved him when I was a little kid, and watched his 60s TV show every week. RIP, Andy.

guitarist58

I didn't see this thread--just posted the news in the Pub...

We did this song in the last band I was in. I really, really like it. Enjoyed his show way back when.

Thank you, Andy. Rest in Peace.

_

Wildwind

I grew up on Andy Williams. He was a huge favorite of my musician mother and I grew to love him. IMO, he had the most amazing voice I ever heard. And I do remember the TV show and always loved it as well. RIP Andy Williams. And many thanks for filling my heart with your voice.

beanbass

That's a bummer. He was one of my all-time favorite singers. My favorite Christmas album, the red one, a favorite among all my siblings as well.

Moon River was always a special song for my wife and me, and was played at our wedding.

How to make a great song even better - listen to these warm voices blend:

GFR4LYF

I remember watching his tv show with my parents. I liked his music, but my parents were the real fans of his music in our family.

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
My Mom was a big fan so I too grew up listening to Andy Williams sing. He seemed like one of those guys who smiled alot, thats one thing I remember, and I liked that. Respect.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Boy.....I remember hearing Andy's Hit Song as a kid being played via an outdoor PA Speaker from a bar that was next door to a garage my dad worked. They played Moon River (Andy Williams), Fly me to the Moon & Blue Moon (Frank Sintara) all the time.....and I remember wondering if that Juke Box had just 3 records....LOL

Anyway...RIP Andy. His X-Mas Specials, Variety Show and Music was something I grew up with, and will fondly remember.

lhallam

I liked his Xmas shows. My sister had one of his lps, I didn't put play it but I'd certainly listen to it.

davebc

We did this song in the last band I was in. I really, really like it. Enjoyed his show way back when.

_

Wow, beautiful is the only way to describe that.

I always remember Andy's was laid back style was a good foil for his more bombastic contemporaries like Dino, Sammy and company. Great stuff.

Andy will be performing in a different room from Jimi, Duane and SRV in the hereafter.

davebc

_

Wow, beautiful is the only way to describe that.

I always remember Andy's was laid back style was a good foil for his more bombastic contemporaries like Dino, Sammy and company. Great stuff.

Andy will be performing in a different room from Jimi, Duane and SRV in the hereafter.;)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom