• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Andy Wood picking hand closeup, holy crap!

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
Good lawd that is some killin' technique! Andy is outstanding to say the least. Such ease and command in his playing. Coincidentally, I just finished watching a pile of videos on Grady's website of Morse, Batio, etc. Some very interesting stuff having all those close up isolated shots of the picking hands. What a goldmine of stuff that is.

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
Well if that doesn't get you to woodshed, nothin' will :aok

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Looks like the only thing I have in common with AW is owning a Blue Chip LG jazz pick. :p

geoangus

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like the only thing I have in common with AW is owning a Blue Chip LG jazz pick. :p
I don't have the pick, but do have a Suhr T. But it doesn't sound anything like that when it's in my hands. Phenomenal player!

TheGuildedAge

People get irked with me when I insinuate that the basic pentatonic blues guys some worship are average in my book at best.

But this video, to me, is what I am talking about. The level of skill Andy has is so beyond most, it's just astounding. Precision with passion, a rare combo.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
People get irked with me when I insinuate that the basic pentatonic blues guys some worship are average in my book at best.

But this video, to me, is what I am talking about. The level of skill Andy has is so beyond most, it's just astounding. Precision with passion, a rare combo.
Yeah, even if this is mostly a showoff thing, you can hear there's some deep musicality behind it.

Love this song:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom