• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers.

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Anger Rising. Holy hell what a riff.

NashSG

Did not realize that Cantrell's solo band had Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo. I probably hear a few odd tracks, but never heard any of his solo records.

Yer Blues

AIC was one of my favorites when I was a kid and Cantrell one of my favorite riff guys. I really need to check out the post Layne stuff. I dug Degradation Trip and Boggy Depot back in the day.

FPFL

Love Jerry, but by the time this came out, I was well and truly tired of daddy issues and addiction as a topic.

A real talent, but someone who really needed a new direction. "My dad had a drinking problem" was just not variety after AIC's one masterwork Dirt aka "I'm killing myself with heroin"

Maybe there's other stuff on the album? The single was a turn-off.

chrisjw5

Degradation Trip is a fantastic album. It's also very hard to listen to, because it's a trip down a long, dark hole.

Read some of the stories around it's making and you'll find yourself amazed that Jerry found a way out. It's very powerful.

chrisjw5

Love Jerry, but by the time this came out, I was well and truly tired of daddy issues and addiction as a topic.
Not a bash, but for some people those aren't "issues", they're lifelong problems to be continually dealt with following a decade and a half of hell. "My car needs a new muffler" is an issue.

Just a thought, but if one has never dealt with it a deep level, I'd suggest they count themselves privileged.

FPFL

I hear you. I wasn't trivializing them for anyone suffering. Addiction is hard to crack and I do have sympathy for all fighting or supporting those in the fight.

That said, my original point was in part reflecting my experience supporting those in the fight.
I do think reconciling the problems stops being therapy past a certain point of years and becomes its own loop. Its why I don't like thematic reworking for a decade of this same idea. It was cathartic. It was helpful. Now its staying stuck in a moment.

I've watched family and friends fall into that trap over years. Its hard and I'm not passing judgment, only adding my experience.

But I don't want to get tooo off topic. Happy times return. : )

chrisjw5

I hear you. I wasn't trivializing them for anyone suffering. Addiction is hard to crack and I do have sympathy for all fighting or supporting those in the fight.

That said, my original point was in part reflecting my experience supporting those in the fight.
I do think reconciling the problems stops being therapy past a certain point of years and becomes its own loop. Its why I don't like thematic reworking for a decade of this same idea. It was cathartic. It was helpful. Now its staying stuck in a moment.

I've watched family and friends fall into that trap over years. Its hard and I'm not passing judgment, only adding my experience.

But I don't want to get tooo off topic. Happy times return. : )
All fair points, and all cool.

Same to you.