Angie what ? - Mojo requested

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Comfort Player, May 3, 2016.

1. Comfort Player

Comfort Player Silver Supporting Member

Heading in for an angiogram tomorrow due to a "pretty abnormal" nuclear stress test result. Good outcome would be a stent or two.

Mojo, prayers, or whatever you got welcomed.

"What interesting thing did you do today?" - not much, but ask me again tomorrow.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Cal Webway likes this.
  2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Just remember you're the man and f all that other noise

Cal Webway, cratz2, pbmw and 2 others like this.
  3. Rimbaud

Rimbaud Tarnished Silver Gold Supporting Member

had one... they did a stent. piece of cake..don't sweat it....didn't they do a cardio cath first?
    Mojo sent...but you can put it in your pocket for another time.
    you will be fine.

mfranzdorf, A-Bone, ripple and 2 others like this.
  4. Comfort Player

No cath yet, I think that happens tomorrow. All new to me.

5. sixstringfuel

sixstringfuel Hotdogs kill Silver Supporting Member

Been thru it a few times good luck mojo to yah!

ripple, Comfort Player and Rimbaud like this.
  6. Rimbaud

procedure takes about 15 mins...you are awake, can't feel anything and they give you sonething to keep you happy and calm...
    they tell you the results quickly..then you have to sit for about two hours so the little hole they put in your wrist doesnt bleed.
    They might give you a blood thinner...
    I've had two caths...I'm a big chicken **** but it's no biggie...trust me and sixstringfuel...we are Jersey Boys
    :)

7. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Wish you guys all the best luck with your results. I've seen more doctors this year than in my whole life combined.

8. ripple

ripple To keep fresh, keep capped & cold. Silver Supporting Member

Been down that road myself ComfortPlayer. Good luck, and try not to stress or worry too much.

Cardiac cath and a resulting triple bypass for me at 34 yrs old (surprise!). I also had a cardiac cath about 7 years ago (43 yrs old) when I started having more symptoms one day at work. The Cath procedures were a walk in the park compared to the triple bypass. And they've come a LONG way since I last had work done.

The difference in technology between the two cath procedures was pretty wild. The second time they used a new gel/silicone type fluid to seal the femoral artery opening, versus clotting for an hour while immobile under a sandbag. Called Mynx or something... It hardens like a D cell battery under your skin, but disintegrates after a while.

After the more recent cath procedure, I played a 3-set gig two days later, against the vehement protests of my cardiac surgeon, and I'm still here to tell it. Then again I'm a dumbass...

You'll do fine and they'll get a good handle on any additional issues or problems that may need attention. Don't be afraid to ask the Doc questions... they tended not to offer up a lot of info unsolicited, but answered all of my questions.

Well wishes, mojo and positive thoughts coming your way, brother.

9. sixstringfuel

sixstringfuel Hotdogs kill Silver Supporting Member

I have had 5 or 6 heart caths last one was about 3 months ago it's about the easiest procedure to get and very definitive results. The last one they did thru my wrist instead of groin which was even easier.

10. Rimbaud

comfortplayer..ripple had the big 'un through the femoral artery..mine they just went through the wrist..I guess if they find sonething they would do the surgery at the same time, I had mine done as an outpatient, thus the wrist, and the stent was performed at a Cardiac hospital two weeks later...

ripple and Comfort Player like this.
  11. Comfort Player

Thanks for the advise everyone, with the chest pain I have I know they will finds something. Just a matter of how bad. I will report back when able. In the meantime I think I am going to read the colonoscopy thread.

Rimbaud and ripple like this.
  12. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

You can do a stint inside if you want, but you would probably rather a stent.

Comfort Player likes this.
  13. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

OP,

Hope it turns out well. My dad has had it done and had stents a couple of times, and it
    is not that major of a thing- at least not as major as it may seem.

Looks like there are others in this thread with health issues as well. To which I say to all,
    "May your days be plenty, and your troubles be few".

ripple, Rimbaud and Comfort Player like this.
  14. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

Mojo and prayers and good wishes for your speedy recovery.

'Ride the tide' when it comes to the meds they'll pump in ya'.
    From what I hear, it is a very suave procedure.

The MDs will tell you what to expect, and how to handle the next few days/weeks/months.
    If all goes to plan, you should be up and running in no time.

ripple, Rimbaud and Comfort Player like this.
  15. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Ken;

I had debated posting something up, but decided not to because I thought I might violate your personal wishes. I had the exact same thought - to ask everyone to keep you in their thoughts and prayers.

You have my personal phone number - if you need anything, even if its n more than just a friendly ear, you call and don't be too proud to do it. I'll help in any way I can.

ripple and Comfort Player like this.
  16. FFTT

FFTT Member

5 years ago, my doctor told me I was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Stress test etc revealed I have cardiomyopathy, less than desirable flow in one valve.
    It took me 5 years to pay off the cardiologist.

I lost weight, changed my diet and the yard work keeps me physically active.

Wish you all the best.

17. Rimbaud

oh hell yeah!
    getting a tube reamed up your Keester is a barrel of laughs too...I've had the pleasure twice.

18. Stratonator

Stratonator Member

Good luck, OP!

It's a cliché thing to say but your health is what's most important.

19. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Be careful. I've had cholesterol of 300 since I was 40. Been thru all kinds of regimes of eating, pills etc. Basically I said BS to this all maybe 15 years back and quit doing anything about it.. I have a Stress test every 5 years or so. Last one I didn't last long but no huge indications... other than a minor ache in the chest. So my doc says "I think you should see a cardiologist just to be safe." Cardio wants to do the angiogram of course, just like the GP doing the stress test, they make big money on these things.
    I say " isn't there a non invasive test to see if I really have any blockage?" Yes he says, down at the University med center but it will probably cost you $2000-2500 out of pocket. I say "sign me up". Long story short, I had the test, after nearly 30 years of high cholesterol I have ZERO blockage. Oh and BTW, ......evidently my insurance ended up paying for the scan... no bill received.
    OTOH, my Brother in Law died of a heart attack when out of country on vacation. His cholesterol wasnt very high, but he had been seeing the doc. Go figure...
    A stent probably saved a drummer I used to play with's life though... he was reportedly nearly fully blocked.

20. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Just an FYI for everyone - I just got this from Ken;

"Still waiting to go in. Got prepped and then they had an emergency. So still waiting."