Ann. Bogner Shiva

keith_t4e

I waited a while before posting a review. Bare in mind I own a JCM800, Soldano Avenger and Surh PT100, so I'm no stranger to tone. I play LP Standards, Custom, tele, strat. Fender and Gibson. The Bogner is an absolute amazement. It can do open rock tone; it can get a dirty as need be. The clean is as you've heard. I've got to give the credit to the power tubes. It's got me wanting to take another look at the Marshall Vintage Modern. I can't write this without giving props to John Suhr who gave me a great deal on the PT100----an amp that will never leave my house. The PT100 is also a wonderfull amp. The thing about the Shiva that has be befudled is that the boost doesn't seem to color your tone at all. It simply allows you to have a different volume setting. Are the other models like this. Shiva el34, 6l6???

Stormin

Tele's and Plexis
The thing about the Shiva that has be befudled is that the boost doesn't seem to color your tone at all. It simply allows you to have a different volume setting. Are the other models like this. Shiva el34, 6l6???
I have an older EL-34 Shiva, and I always thought of the Boost as a "More" button...

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
does the Shiva boost change the gain, or simply increase volume for solos?

Is it like the "boost" on a fulldrive (more gain), or like the "boost" on a Mesa Rectifier (clean volume increase)?

nickthenail

I own a JCM 800 and a '68 Pro Reverb. I'm thinking of down-sizing to a channel switcher. I've played both PT 100 and Shiva 20th Anniv. but at different times and in very different rooms. Which amp would you choose first?

Trending Topics