Annabel Langbein

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jonathan, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

So, I've started watching this cooking show on PBS, and now I simply don't know how to be happy anymore.

Here's this gal in New Zealand, which appears to me to be the most beautiful place on earth, going out to the lake and catching fish, chopping fresh veggies from her garden, and cooking them up in a homey little cabin.

I watch this, and I feel like I've made all the wrong decisions in life. I mean...I sit in an office all day and read words, then I interpret those words and write moar words so that other people have to do more work so I can write words to provide evidence that we're doing all the right words.

Why did I do this? Why didn't I move to New Zealand, grow a garden, go fishing, and make awesome food? :(

2. newking70

newking70 Supporting Member

well, you are from misery.

3. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

It's too late now.

If it is any consolation, they have fresh frozen fish at your local Homeland. :console

A-Bone likes this.
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

Well, to be fair, I could do this here. I have 10 acres, beautiful lakes, and some decent chef's knives. I just don't have a PBS show to support my dreams. :(

[​IMG]

cheapgtrs, A-Bone and derekd like this.
  5. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Member

6. BadCat

BadCat Member

Hello Jonathan,
    thanks for a good post. Looks we are in the same boat. My job is basically interesting, problem is just i am like the hamster in the wheel. Doesn`t matter how good i do my job. I drive 160 kilometers each day to get to work and the quality of my work is as mentioned only being noticed by myself and otherwise about no one else. Basically 27 years of education for a moderatly high wage and a job that isn`t exactly fulfilling. Looking for an escape plan all the time. Well my playing has really become good but i think it is too late for a career ala Joe Bonamassa. But i have to get from that wheel where i work for people who earn the majority of the money i make..........

7. loudboy

loudboy Member

She has the weirdest accent I've ever heard...

Seems to have quite the life, tho.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

"Escape plan" is the perfect phrase...I'm looking for it too, and I think it involves a much simpler life.

BadCat likes this.
  9. BadCat

BadCat Member

Good luck with that. Unfortunately not an option for me since i have to earn money to pay for education, etc of our 3 kids. By the way -love that picture of the land of yours, really something you should be proud of. Looks like a fantastic place.
    Have a lot of collegues/ friends and acquaintances that worked their asses of just to die young. Since i am writing of "a lot" this could sound like an exaggeration but unfortunately it isn`t.
    I feel that hard work these days more often than not doesn`t pay off anymore as it did some centuries ago (at least over here in Europe). But back on topic again: Best of luck to you with your plans of getting the life you can look back on and say: I did it my way and i am happy how it worked out. And again thanks for sharing those inspiring pictures / story of that lady.

10. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

That's actually a pic from a nearby lake - - I would love to have some acreage there, too...or maybe just a dock. ;)

11. fetishfrog

fetishfrog Member

It's never too late provided you're willing to make certain concessions. Most aren't, which is why we do what we do.

I have pretty much the same job as you OP.

12. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

Well she is smoking hot looking, I never had a real good looking fishing partner before.......hmmm......