• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Annoying business practices

hp29

I ordered some parts from Marshall last night, and their website states that where due, VAT would be deducted at check out.
As I go through the check out process, the VAT is never deducted. I add a comment in the comment field pointing this out and asked them to correct the sum for my payment.

Today a sales rep from their webshop (outsourced, so not a Marshall employee) called me to verify my shipping data and I asked her to in return verify my payment would be excluding VAT. Her reply was that she would attempt to clear this with Marshall directly but normally they wouldn't deduct the VAT although she was fully aware that they should.

How would you suggest to proceed from here?

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
I would recommend telephoning Marshall direct in the U.K. (+44 (0) 1908 375411) or emailing the sales team (shop@marshallamps.com).
Probably better emailing first. The phone number puts you through to the main switchboard

Their customer service has been very very good whenever I have had any dealings with them

Good luck

Last edited:

hp29

They are charging UK VAT rate, yes.
They were kind enough to give me a ring now and told me that they couldn't deduct the VAT from my order for accounting reasons but they would refund me the shipping costs - which is more or less break even for me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom