Anolog delay with tap tempo?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kensmith, Apr 4, 2008.

1. kensmith

kensmith Member

I would like to find a affordable (~same price as DD-6) analog delay with tap tempo. Does anything exist in this price point.

I currently have a DD-6 and like the versitility (and integrated tap tempo), but miss the smooth repeats of my old BYOC delay. Looking to get the best of both worlds.

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I don't think there's an analog delay with tap tempo at this price point (heck, even the DD6 is considerably more than $100). The Echopark has a pretty decent analog setting with tap tempo and it's close...

3. kensmith

kensmith Member

Well perhaps I should correct that to say "for same price as DD6" since I would be open to even trade :)

4. mewithoutlouie

mewithoutlouie Member

The echo park seems to be the closest in that price range.

5. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

I' dreaming of an analog delay with tap tempo...
    I guess the only builder who could eventually make one would be Cusack, since he's already built an analog tremolo and a phaser incorporating a tap tempo... and he's making tap tempo kits to upgrade some ZVEX pedals ...
    I might email him to ask him if it would be applicable on analog delays as well...

http://www.cusackmusic.com/?page=details&type=Products&item=Tap Tempo

6. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Memory Lane is the only one. My Boss RE-20 sounds like analog and tape though and has tap tempo.

7. kensmith

kensmith Member

okay, perhaps I need to open it up to analog-sounding delay (which opens door for Echo Park, DD-20, etc)?

8. bwc3000

bwc3000 Member

The HBE Mimic now has a Remote Time Control feature, but I don't know if it's exactly a tap tempo. I have an older Mimic Mock I without the RTC jack (it's a great sounding analog delay, by the way). Might be worth checking it out:

www.homebrewelectronics.com

9. Creamy

Creamy Member

Digidelay has a good analog, lo-fi setting and tap tempo. Can be found for $60 to $80 used.

10. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

just a quick note...I have the memory lane by diamond, which like GuitarBrent said is the only one at this point. I emailed John Cusack and asked him if he would mod an electro Harmonix deluxe memory man for tap tempo and he said he's too busy at this point, BUT that he would like to soon undertake an analog delay with tap! woohoo

11. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

woohoo as well... let's hope he's gonna include a switch to select the tempo division, ( quarter,half, triplet ) that woud be the final cherry on the pie...

12. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

wow, that dude builds pedals? either way, he was great in High Fidelity...

13. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Analog Delay with Tap = Memory Lane

Killer pedal and worth the coin IMO.

Have you considered, getting your DD-6 modded by Analogman or Keeley? The analog mods are pretty decent and you'll still have your tap... Although, I would probably prefer to mod the DD-5 because you run the tap externally.

But,

At that point you might as well consider digital pedals with modeled analog delay tones. One to suggest is the Replica but can be pricey, although I would consider a used one. The DD-20 is a killer delay pedal and does everything pretty decent if not great and best its cheap! I personally like the way the analog and tape tones sound but I agree there aren't authentic cops of them.

14. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

Akai Headrush? (mimics tape .. nice short looper too.)

15. Holliman

Holliman Triad Abuser

Send your DD6 to Keeley. I have his DD3 and it has ended my search.

Warmth of analog and all the assets of digital (tap and time).