another 1st timer...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by bobgoblin, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bobgoblin

bobgoblin Supporting Member

i heard everybody havin' so much fun w/the texas flood post i decided i'd have a go & throw it out the the dogs (haha). keep in mind (please) i don't play a lot of srv-style blues (anymore)...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3487850&q=hi

aes into bad bob, marshall bluesbreaker I, dano echo & '59/'60 ampeg mercury...sorry about the levels, it was done on the quick...oh, yeah, the bbI is set for almost no gain, & i accidentally stepped on my ac booster near the end, talk about ragged...

2. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Good to hear you having some fun with the b/t. Welcome to the forum!

Mike

3. bobgoblin

its come to my attention that there's a problem w/my link (or soundclick, although i'm betting on user error). i'll try to fix it asap. thanks webb!

4. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Some nice stuff in there. Some very long phrases, that grooved nicely. Cool use of double stops. Refreshing to hear a clean tone... well 'cept for that little collision with the AC Booster footswitch... damn it got my attention. Perhaps consider kickin' in the OD more often as a dynamic change? of course at a similar volume level.

Kinna different to use harmonic minor on the root of a I7 chord... as far as I'm concerned, "different" is a great thing! Hey make it harmonic minor with a #4... becomes a cool Algerian belly dancin' blues :)

You may want to consider not playing over the vocals as much, and perhaps as a contrast, play a couple really short. simple phrases that contain 1 or 2 notes.

Anyway... Who the hell am I to critique anyone.... jus' my opinion :)

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

5. mikem

mikem Senior Member

It worked for me! Like Harry, I enjoyed some of the passing tones that you worked into your phrasing. I really wished that the guitar was louder, though. I kinda stuck to pentatonics and the blues scale in mine, which is something that I don't really care for in my own blues wanking. Yours was more interesting!

Mike

6. bobgoblin

thank y'all so much for yer kind words, & suggestions...i, too, think the guitar needs to be louder (always, huh?) & i should have stuck to "response" phrases to the vocals more often. cheers, guys, yer responses have made my day!