1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Another Analogman VS. Keeley TS9 Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeDojcsak, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

So basically, I've watched clips and can't come to a decision.

I'm running an american standard tele -and will soon be running a Canadian Breed 72 T-Class Deluxe with Lollar Regals- into a Matchless Clubman head. I run the head fairly clean and will be using a Timmy as my main low drive pedal and want the TS9 for a solo/lead boost.

For this, which would suit better, I don't know if boosting the bass/removing the mid hump like the Keeley would be ideal for my application. Maybe the analogman would be better as a transparent boost, as I do want to keep my tone relatively the same without too, too much colour.

Yes, I'm stuck on a TS, not really interested in anything else.

Thanks!

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

By nature, neither will be a transparent boost. I like the Analogman because I like that it doesn't add back in bass like a lot of boutique TS's.

3. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

That's what I was initially thinking. Well, I know what to expect from a TS-type pedal as a boost so maybe transparent was a bad description.

4. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I use the Analogman as a dirty boost and love it. It's a very true sounding tube screamer.

5. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I think the Analogman has more of a classic sound. Something about the Keeley sounds more modern/aggressive to my ear, I heard Keeley uses the RC (rather than JRC) chip and I suppose that could do it. I have 2 Analogman Silver's and I really like them, I am going to try an SRB 2in1 with a 9 on one side and 808 on the other made to sound close to the vintage spec. With the price and the true bypass, it might give the Silvers a run for the money, especially cuz the Silvers still sound more modern than an early 80's TS.

6. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

Throw an original issue TS9 and a Maxon OD808 into the mix. Thoughts on either for the needs I outlined?