Another Analogman VS. Keeley TS9 Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeDojcsak, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

So basically, I've watched clips and can't come to a decision.

I'm running an american standard tele -and will soon be running a Canadian Breed 72 T-Class Deluxe with Lollar Regals- into a Matchless Clubman head. I run the head fairly clean and will be using a Timmy as my main low drive pedal and want the TS9 for a solo/lead boost.

For this, which would suit better, I don't know if boosting the bass/removing the mid hump like the Keeley would be ideal for my application. Maybe the analogman would be better as a transparent boost, as I do want to keep my tone relatively the same without too, too much colour.

Yes, I'm stuck on a TS, not really interested in anything else.

Thanks!

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

By nature, neither will be a transparent boost. I like the Analogman because I like that it doesn't add back in bass like a lot of boutique TS's.

3. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

That's what I was initially thinking. Well, I know what to expect from a TS-type pedal as a boost so maybe transparent was a bad description.

4. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I use the Analogman as a dirty boost and love it. It's a very true sounding tube screamer.

5. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I think the Analogman has more of a classic sound. Something about the Keeley sounds more modern/aggressive to my ear, I heard Keeley uses the RC (rather than JRC) chip and I suppose that could do it. I have 2 Analogman Silver's and I really like them, I am going to try an SRB 2in1 with a 9 on one side and 808 on the other made to sound close to the vintage spec. With the price and the true bypass, it might give the Silvers a run for the money, especially cuz the Silvers still sound more modern than an early 80's TS.

6. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

Throw an original issue TS9 and a Maxon OD808 into the mix. Thoughts on either for the needs I outlined?