Another artist pedal thread....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by AshyLarry, Aug 7, 2008.

1. AshyLarry

AshyLarry Member

I know, there's been enough lately, but regardless I'm trying to figure out what Fuzz is used on The Black Keys Magic Potion. I know he has been know to use Earthquaker Hoof, Russian Big Muff, Analogman Fuzz, Maestro Fuzz-tone, but which was used for the majority of that album?

And one last one. John Mayer Where the Light is "I don't need no doctor" at the end solo his tone goes from great to crazy. What is he using to get that sound at the end. Starts in at 4:08.

Thanks in advance.

2. FaselBaby

FaselBaby Member

I noticed on Conan Obrien that Dan from the Black Keys had an Octavio sitting on top of his Marshall. I am assuming it was on the entire time.

3. seiko

seiko Member

He -- at least used to be -- a big fan of those old Maestro MFZ fuzzes, one would certainly get in the ball-park.

4. drod2045

drod2045 Member

JM - probably a cornish fuzz with some sort of octave sound from either a pog or an octavia dealie

5. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

saw a live at abbey road thing they did and he used the old green russian big muff. i own one and love it.

Jordan

6. AshyLarry

AshyLarry Member

Great! Another thing to make me want a octave pedal more!

As for the fuzz, I hoped the DaMoaf v2 (big muff style fuzz) would get that type of sound but so far I'm unsucessful. Maybe its because I can't play loud enough...damn neighbors.