Another Bad Cat or something different?

gtrdave

Silver Supporting Member
I'm beyond pleased with my recent purchase of a 2015 Bad Cat Bobcat 20R. It's everything I wanted and then some and it has seen plenty of gig and studio use in the past couple of months.
Now, I'm wanting to compliment it with another similar amp, but maybe not particularly another Bad Cat.

I'm leaning towards a head to go with my current Egnater 1x12 cabinet. Possibly a BC Player's Series Cub 15, but I've also been checking out demos of the Dr. Z Carmen Ghia and that seems pretty cool.

Is there anything else in the 15-ish watt range that I should be looking into for between $750-$1000? I may consider another combo amp, too, and ditch the cabinet.

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
I have been looking for the same thing. The ones I have been interested in are the BC player series, Suhr Badger 18 and Greer Cam 18. So many other possibilities in that price range on Reverb.com

Good luck with the search

gtrdave

Silver Supporting Member
I've actually considered one of the H&K Tubemeister heads, but I definitely want to try before I buy one. I have tried the PRS MT-15 and was impressed by it, but I'm still sort of aiming for something more boutique-like.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
Checkout Jim at Li’l Dawg amps, he can build you a custom lunchbox head in that price range and he’s great to work with and turns things around quickly. I recently got a Super Dawg from him and it’s great!

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve never before had customer service as good as I’ve had with Bad Cat, and the tones speak for themselves, so my biased vote goes towards getting a 15 watt Cub. I would love to sit down with a Bobcat sometime.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom