Another Eastman

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by runningman, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Fret-O'File

Fret-O'File Supporting Member

Congrats, Eastman makes some great instruments!
    I had an E20-OO 12 Fret for a few years that was a great guitar but it had the 1-13/16" nut that was just a little too wide for my taste.
    It sounded huge for such a small guitar.
    I recently picked up an E1-OO-SS-LTD that is great and a lot of fun to play.

2. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I bought this used Martin 000C-16Rg for a grand... love this guitar Chris Guitars Albany ny website has another, 2005 model.. may be worth checking out

3. davess23

davess23 Member

Nice guitar. Congratulations.

A friend of mine recently bought an Eastman dread for about $1100 (don't recall the specific model) that's more or less a D-18 spec. It's a well made, easy playing, good sounding guitar. Pretty, too. I think it'd be tough to find a better guitar of similar spec for the same money.

I've developed a healthy respect for the better Chinese acoustic flat tops. (Nothing against their arch tops and electrics; I just don't know much about those.) These days it's entirely possible to score a nice well-crafted guitar for short money.

Fret-O'File likes this.
  4. Teleman

Teleman Supporting Member

I just became a fan of Eastman acoustic guitars. I've been looking to pick up a new acoustic and have been curious about Eastman. Today I stopped in to Parkway music and they had several on the floor. The very first chord I played I was impressed by the tone. Even compared to a couple of Martin and Gibsons that were there at twice the price I still prefer the tone of Eastman. Very impressive

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Fret-O'File likes this.
  5. GK34

GK34 Member

Eastman acoustic guitars a just great. I played a used E10SS that my local shop had a couple days ago. I am definitely trying to figure a way to fit this one into my budget.

Fret-O'File likes this.
  6. TylerE

TylerE Member

One thing I find interesting is that the Chinese makers will build stuff that Martin won't. Like, try to buy a new Martin dread with an adirondack top and pre-war bracing. Can't get it, at any price.