Another ES-339 in and very pleased!

jazzrat

Just got it. Sounds and plays great. Way more 335'ish than I expected.
It rounds out my little group very nicely.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

tybone

Congratulations JR. That is a nice looking guitar. The 339's have a great fretboard because of the Plek treatment. Consistent action all the way up. The stock pickups are surprisingly good. I changed them out a zillion times and still the classics are among the best sounding pickup in that guitar.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Beautiful guitar!! :AOK

I put in about an hour today going back and forth between a nice light RI 335 and the 339. No matter how I set the 335, the 339 could get tones that were clearly better. The clearer highs I can see, but I do not understand how it has more bottom end? What a killer guitar, and I am pretty sure I am holding onto my 359 unless a 356 sounds even better for my style.

jazzrat

Beautiful guitar!! :AOK

I put in about an hour today going back and forth between a nice light RI 335 and the 339. No matter how I set the 335, the 339 could get tones that were clearly better. The clearer highs I can see, but I do not understand how it has more bottom end? What a killer guitar, and I am pretty sure I am holding onto my 359 unless a 356 sounds even better for my style.

I agree...I was not expecting full on 335 tone. I played it live Sunday and was amazed at how much bottom it had. It also has great ballance across the strings and a beautiful singing top end.
Great guitar!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom