Another fun one...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by t0neg0d, Sep 27, 2005.

1. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

This is just a fun peice o music. Nothin' special, just a had a good time recording it.

More fun

Me

2. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Man,

this has some the fastest runs I've heard in a LONG time, and they are very musical and super cleanly executed!

Are the harmonies overdubbed or a harmonizer? Just asking because people always ask me what kind of harmonizer I use, to which I usually reply "me" :)

Kevin

3. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

cpokay - I agree on the Satch thingie... the whole thing reminds me Satch / Vai / and Morse (on crack). None of the stuff I post here is mixed yet... so I completely agree with mixing it differently!

unix-guy - Thanks a ton for the compliments... and nope on the harmonizer here as well... just overdubbed stuff. Which you probably find as fun to do this way as I do. I would love to hear some of your stuff if you get a chance to post it!

I am soooo intchin' to finish this thingie up... I am tracking the last song now and will start doing first-run mixes soon. Then bring it to someone who knows what they are doing to do the finals and mastering.

I am starting to get completely burnt out with doing this stuff and just want it to be over (at least for a while :D )

4. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Here's my take on one of Journo's BTs: PacificaJam

A lot of the harmonies on it are a little loose, but I was making up as I went along :)

Not my favorite tone, but it suits the song.

Kevin

5. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

tg - that rocks!!!!! Keep em comin!

:dude

6. Drunkagain

Drunkagain Member

Fantastic playing TG. :dude

7. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

unix-guy - Man I really liked that... especial the beginning of the solo section. Very nice stuff!! Took a listen to some of the other clips you posted as well... your a great player!

adlibmusic & Drunkagain - Thanks a ton for the encouraging words!! Means a lot to me!

Me

8. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Thanks, man! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you :D

Hopefully I'll get some time to post some original instrumental material one of these days. I have Friday evenings for recording... the rest of my time is occupied with my band (Too Much Fiction) and family.

I used to practice several hours a day, but for the last 6+ years I'm lucky if I get several hours a week :) But I make myself happy by knowing that I have my own style/sound and I know how to apply it to music I create - although listening to someone with your level of chops makes me envious and wish I had time to dedicate to the music...

Kevin

9. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Man... I like your band! Very cool stuff. And the Bio's section on the site if flippin' hilarious!! :D Thanks for pointing me at the link!! Most appreciated.

Me

10. unix-guy

unix-guy Member

Thanks - we have a lot of fun. The Bio section either completely cracks people up or else they believe it and think we are crazy :confused: Glad you enjoyed the music and the site!

Kevin