Another FUZZ thread...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Giannis, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

So we love the mayo's (so its seems, but they seem to be sold as soon as they are bought), D*A*M's ( i know im LOVING my Drag'n'Fly) etc etc

BUT why dont we discuss major manufacturers gear ? I know im on a quest to buy as many fuzzezzzzz as possible at the moment but i wanna know of mainstream fuzzez that kill. In particular in the man that modded Hendrix fuzz, Roger mayer.

How good is the axis fuzz ?

And then the spitfire-x ?

Or the Mongoose-x ?

Voodoo- axe?

2. Freedom

Freedom Member

Currently its my favorite fuzz (also owner of the KR Gypsy Fuzz and the new Dunlop BC108)...i don't know if its gonna work for you cause that depends on what exactly do you like (what fuzz sounds you're after), the rest of your gear (pu's, amp, speakers etc) and how you use it (cranked amp, clean amp, clean amp + OD pedal, dirty amp etc)...

PS: are you Greek mate?

3. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

Ναι Ελληνας ειμαι!!

But I reside in OZ. You know that Euro is a tad to much for me to be moving over there ATM :NUTS

I like running my amp clean to cleanish. Im not fussed with a hint of breakup. Im a gibson LP man but do play strats on occasions for certain things, but I like my meat! I must admit im very impressed with my DAM Drag'n'fly and Hartman GE Fuzz.

Roger DID work with hendrix, the guy must know afew things ....

4. Freedom

Freedom Member

Πατριδαααααααααααααααααααα!!!! ;)

Ok, my guess is that the Axis wired on a clean amp (when using SSS) is gonna be real harsh, thin and bright but i could be wrong (as always)...on the other hand i am a strictly SSS player so i really dont know how it behaves with buckers at all...best thing is to try first it if you can find it in Australia...

PS: give my greetings and love to all the crazy whacko Greeks down there mate... ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

My Jimi Hendrix Classic Fuzz JH-2S by Dunlop is the most tone knob responsive of any fuzz I've ever owned. It puts out wicked treble so I run it into the bass channel of my (clean) Marshall plexi and It's a perfect balance. The JH2S isn't made anymore though. It was discontinued about a year ago.