Another Gibson B-25 thread

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by DoctorBob, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DoctorBob

DoctorBob Member

There's a new You Tube video wherein the illustrious Robben Ford extolls the virtues of a 1965 B-25, stating its his favourite acoustic ever, with the best tone. I have a '66 sharing the skinny neck distinction, which I nonetheless think is just the coolest geetar around. Thus, given such star power, my humble opinion is validated

2. zombywoof

zombywoof Member

I once read an interview with Ford where he talked about how much he liked the early 1960s Gibson necks. I wonder if for an electric guy those thin necks and the narrower nut Gibson (starting in 1965) are just more familiar and comfortable.

3. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

Ford didn't call it a "geetar" did he? (sorry, a pet peeve...)

4. DoctorBob

DoctorBob Member

My 151 posts pale in relation to your >8,000 posts, therefore you must be correct, so I will rephrase: "git-box". Better?(Sorry-writing style criticism is my pet-peeve!)

5. leray1

leray1 Member

I own a '65 Gibson F-25 and it is the best sounding acoustic I've ever played.

I owned a '69 Gibson B-25, but sold it because it paled in comparison.

I wish Robben would have played his B-25 on that video to give us an idea of what he thinks is the best sounding acoustic. I bet that guitar would sound even better if he'd get rid of that ADJ Saddle contraption.