Another high- vs. low-output pickup Q

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by jesse v, May 29, 2008.

1. jesse v

jesse v Member

The previous thread about pickup output is a great discussion. For fear of hijacking that thread, I thought I'd start a new one along the same lines:

My main guitar is a Highway 1 Tele (2004 model). I picked up a used Schecter C-1 E/A. I want to replace the stock "Duncan Designed" pickups--What a good match (output-wise) to my Tele's low-output pickups?

I was thinking about Seymour Duncan 59/neck and JB/bridge, but even though that's a very popular pair, the 59's DC resistance is 7.4k, while the JB is 16k. Is that a huge diffferance? would something like a Alnico Pro II (7.85k) in the bridge be better suited?

Much thanks,

Jesse

2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

It's not just about Resistance ,Some pickups have extremely high resistance without being the highest output.

3. AndrewSimon

AndrewSimon Member

59/JB is NOT low output... it's more like moderate-high output.

If you want low output try SD Antiquities, Gibson Burstbucker 1-2 or Lollar Imperial.

:cool:

4. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

I agree, the JB will be huge ( a good think usually). I would go for the antiquities too.