• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

another how to get this sound thread

Lullabies

Just need some quick advice on this hollow but mid rangy sounding guitar tone in a song... I have Boss EQ pedal but its off my board at moment.. Is there a way to get this tone with the EQ or just amp eq alone and fuzz/drive? Tone is when the guitarist joins the bass at the beginning.

Lullabies

Damn I thought that is what he was using (maestro though) for that sound.. No way to get it with a graphic eq? I had a PDF1 before and liked it and the new PDF2 looks really cool with the double footswitches now.. Just a little pricey for me ATM

gripweed

I don't have time to search for it now, but there is a thread on No One Knows from a while back that has some good info on how Joshua Homme gets his tones. Check it out

chankgeez

Damn I thought that is what he was using (maestro though) for that sound.. No way to get it with a graphic eq? I had a PDF1 before and liked it and the new PDF2 looks really cool with the double footswitches now.. Just a little pricey for me ATM

You might be able to get it with a graphic EQ, but it'll probably be easier with a parametric. There're other parametric EQs that are cheaper, but the Stone Deaf pedals really nail that sound. A valuable tool and worth it if that's what you wanna hear.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom