another how to get this sound thread

Lullabies

Just need some quick advice on this hollow but mid rangy sounding guitar tone in a song... I have Boss EQ pedal but its off my board at moment.. Is there a way to get this tone with the EQ or just amp eq alone and fuzz/drive? Tone is when the guitarist joins the bass at the beginning.

Lullabies

Damn I thought that is what he was using (maestro though) for that sound.. No way to get it with a graphic eq? I had a PDF1 before and liked it and the new PDF2 looks really cool with the double footswitches now.. Just a little pricey for me ATM

gripweed

I don't have time to search for it now, but there is a thread on No One Knows from a while back that has some good info on how Joshua Homme gets his tones. Check it out

chankgeez

Damn I thought that is what he was using (maestro though) for that sound.. No way to get it with a graphic eq? I had a PDF1 before and liked it and the new PDF2 looks really cool with the double footswitches now.. Just a little pricey for me ATM

You might be able to get it with a graphic EQ, but it'll probably be easier with a parametric. There're other parametric EQs that are cheaper, but the Stone Deaf pedals really nail that sound. A valuable tool and worth it if that's what you wanna hear.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom