Another "is this a fake les paul" thread...UPDATE

Picture with serial number is blurry but in any case an R8 serial number should be stamped in black ink on the wood and not into the wood.

Black Squirrel

Gold Supporting Member
even it was real its not an R8, It may be a Traditional But You know what they say, If it looks to good to be true, it is.

daveanto21

Gold Supporting Member
Ink is all wrong. The back color doesn't look right. Most of these guys take pictures at ****** angles and blurr them just to confuse the potential buyer. He could walk into any pawn shop or music store and leave with 1.5k cash right now if it was legit and make 3 truck payments. I bet a simple email could shed a lot of light. he probably is posting it and deleting to only repost to keep "watch dogs" at bay. Epic fail, nothing gets past the TGP :)

mcdes

Member of no importance
i cant tell, but i agree, paying $4500 for it, and now selling for SOOOOOO much less????? makes no sense....... sounds more like "to good to be true"

ferrell

lots of red flags but the blurry shots and odd angles make it tougher to tell.easiest way to find out-have them send a picture of control cavity.even if they've put in good componets.youll be able to tell by the shotty cut.thats one place NONE of these fakes have even come close.you will know a fake immediately

shooter1371

I contacted this guy and told him that it was a fake. I also advised him that he was committing fraud for attempting to pass it off as authentic Gibson. I suggested that he take it down. Maybe its time to place a phone call to the Billings PD.

Da Geezer

Even with the blurred pictures, one thing I always look at is control location and spacing.
The guitar pictured has the controls too far forward (look at the neck volume pot in relation to the tail piece, then compare to a known authentic example) and the spacing is uneven (more distance between the volumes than is between the tones)

G

G.Ham

It is defiantly a fake. Stamped serial numbers are not used on the Historic models. Also note, that even if this was a regular production model, a real Gibson will have the serial stamped before the finish is applied.. Not after.

Da Geezer

It is defiantly a fake. Stamped serial numbers are not used on the Historic models. Also note, that even if this was a regular production model, a real Gibson will have the serial stamped before the finish is applied.. Not after.
From the authority!

Does Gibson have a policy for taking action against this type of thing?

G

Trending Topics