Another Jim Kelley Line is coming

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
Just heard from the man himself. Another Line amp is coming up for auction in may. Should be a blast to watch. It seems it’s been 6 months since the last one which means production is slowing from 3-4 a year to maybe 1 or 2. I may have to grab 1 more while I can. If I can.
To all invited. I wish you luck.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
I used to think it was cool how passionate you are about JK. Now that its more of a stockpile situation its a bit offputting and makes me shudder to think of what your asking prices will be when you start to sell.

I hope you'll sit this one out.
You’re making the assumption I will ever sell. Heck at this point I don’t even know if I can afford to bid. The last one went for over $15k. And I have not participated in the last 6 auctions because Jim asked me not to.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
I would guess the schematics are on the net somewhere. Unless he fared better than Alexander to keep them secret.

SavingThoreau

You’re making the assumption I will ever sell. Heck at this point I don’t even know if I can afford to bid. The last one went for over $15k. And I have not participated in the last 6 auctions because Jim asked me not to.
Honestly, I have no problem with you bidding. I mean, I’m Joe Nobody, but the way I see it is that you’re a successful business owner, and should enjoy the fruits of your labor. I’m not the type that can afford an amp at that price, so you’re not taking anything away from me. LOL!

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Ahhh man, you guys are kinda loveable.

But these Jim Kelly types are taking you for looooooong ride.

Man oh man.

So....you need attention it appears.

You can't even spell the man's name but you have an alternative to what he offers....please share. I'm very interested.

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
So....you need attention it appears.

You can't even spell the man's name but you have an alternative to what he offers....please share. I'm very interested.

I have to say I've tried quite a few amps out in my time, and I don't think I've found a reasonable alternative to Kelleys. I know I'm happy because I'm insane, but I'll take it. Very glad Jim is still building amps. Hope he does it for a long time.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Fender deluxe reverb.

I've owned and played tons of deluxe reverbs. They are killer amps. They are not at all like my Kelley.

I have experience with these things and I really dig all of them. Do you think a Kelley sounds like a deluxe reverb?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom