Another Jim Kelley Line is coming

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
I hope someone will make some clips with their line amps that are more impressive than what's available right now.

In what context do you mean? I'm asking sincerely. Do you mean making them with demos of what the amp does, live playing, songs, with pedals?

Golem

Silver Supporting Member
While I've heard this name before, I don't really know what it's about. Can anyone point me to a thread or someone doing a video out there that they liked so I can at least understand why some are excited about this?

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
we’ll put you in charge of managing the demand that would ensue.

I think that'd be the biggest thing. There is clearly a huge demand for the amp(s). Outside of just wanting to hear what they sound like in a more professional context, I'm not sure what the advantage would be to taking the time to do clips like that. If for gear nerdiness, that'd be enough for me. I also wish there were a lot more clips of the Dumbles around. Astonishingly few despite their rarity and fame.

ufguy73

Silver Supporting Member
i was trying to remember….did Jim formally announce that he was doing a set number of 20 of these amps (ie is this amp definitively the last LA)?

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
i was trying to remember….did Jim formally announce that he was doing a set number of 20 of these amps (ie is this amp definitively the last LA)?
Originally, there were only to be 10. Jim did 10 of the single. I bugged him for a while and requested a 2 channel amp. The demand was so strong he decided to do more (as long as he still continued to enjoy the work). Remember 11 was the last of the single channels. This is 21 which is 10 of 2 channel. I cant Speak for Jim but I believe he will continue to do the 2 channel unless he has something else up his sleeve for the next 10 If there are to be more. And actually as I recall he didn’t do a 13 amp. So this one would technically be the second to last of the second 10. If I’m not mistaken. serial 22 would be the last of the second 10.

Speedbump61

Gold Supporting Member
he seems to keep incrementally adding as he goes along. So in a way many of the amps are a bit different from each other. I guess a bit like Dumble did.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
he seems to keep incrementally adding as he goes along. So in a way many of the amps are a bit different from each other. I guess a bit like Dumble did.
Indeed and thus holding to his word of the first 10. Only being 10 of those. I don’t recall him actually stating anything about the second batch. peronsally if I could have a request for the 3rd batch. I might want reverb on the first channel while the second channel stays as is. But hey, I’m just thrilled he is still making them whatever he builds.

jujube

I hear if you bid high enough on an auction going now and give Jim your address, he'll send you one to demo. ha ha
dr-evil-one-billion.gif

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
Indeed and thus holding to his word of the first 10. Only being 10 of those. I don’t recall him actually stating anything about the second batch. peronsally if I could have a request for the 3rd batch. I might want reverb on the first channel while the second channel stays as is. But hey, I’m just thrilled he is still making them whatever he builds.

Agreed. These are stellar, stellar amps. I can't imagine playing anything better.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom