Another Koll Knockout!

bleds

After 9 months of reasonably patient waiting, I drove to Portland over the weekend to pickup my new Koll.

I've lurked for some time on this forum and admired the many beautiful instruments displayed, and though I'm sure every one has its merits, this guitar Saul made me is a freakin' rock and roll machine!

I've never had such a pleasantly earned bout of tinnitus as the one a got from the 3 straight hours of rocking out with it when I got back home.

Last year I felt like I’d finally earned the right to go out and drop a wad of cash on a higher end guitar and was about to go on the search for a vintage tele or sg. I asked iainmc (we’ve played together for several years) what he thought since he has some great guitars, and without hesitation he said, "Get a Koll." I also have appreciated zeppo’s Koll’s (not to mention fine playing) for a few years and between the two strong endorsements I knew I couldn’t go wrong.

Anyways, as Marti DiBergi said…enough of my yakkin’

specs:
Facecap: standard ebony veneer
Inlay/decal: standard gold decal
Tuning machines: metal oval button Kluson style.
Nut: width/type 1 11/16"
Neck material: mahogany
Headstock: David Torn style
Fingerboard material/radius: Madagascar rosewood, 12-14" R
Frets/type/#: standard #141
Neck shape: standard .810"-.910"
Inlay/position markers: Rectangle mop like Duo.
Overall body material: Mahogany
Bindings/purflings: cream bindings on fingerboard
Bridge/tailpiece/trem: Wilkenson wrap
Pickguard: small Superglide shape, made in aged or cream pearloid
Control layout: standard triangle, master vol, master tone, switch
Switch: standard 3 way
Pots/#/value/and type: 500K.
Pickups: Lollar P-90's, 10% over bridge.
Knobs: standard chrome
Other notes/special instructions: Arm contour and tummy cut

eric102673

That friggin ROCKS!!!! Right up my alley for sure. Wicked cool, man. I bet it sounds like a million too. Saul makes some awesome looking axes.

-e.

Jonathan

Platinum Supporting Member
I would be giddy upon picking up such an instrument as well - phenomenol piece you've got there!! :)

The combination of colors (blue/cream) was a great choice - definately a looker.

iainmc

i played bleds new guit-fiddle last night. It is a rawk machine - I played it through my rig (/13 RSA23) & his - a Durham amp with a fender 2x12.

on mine, it has incredible clarity - the lollar p90s are incredible especially with the firmness of the bridge. I really like the front pickup on this guitar. it made me thing p90 sg meets something with a little more air.

With his rig (i was also screwing around with his new durham mucho boost [bleds used to play with al durham]) it really kicked in on super distorto stuff. it even was great with an ebow...

congrats on another killer koll!

/i

cocheese

Silver Supporting Member
Another stellar Koll!

You used to play with Alan. I used to live in Austin and my bro still does. He's good friends with Alan. Alan is good people. My brother's got one of his modded Bassmans (Bassmen?) called a Charity I think. Did you play with him and Alejandro? My bro's band is Grand Champeen.

Congrats on the great Koll. I have a very similar one coming with a Bigsby and TV yellow finish; very simlar ot yours. :)

bleds

from splatt
oh, yeah!
congrats on that sweet tornado, sir:
saul freakin' rocks, no?
Thanks much folks. Yes indeedy Saul has the gift. And thanks splatt for the working with him on the MotherOfAllTornados.

from cocheese
You used to play with Alan. I used to live in Austin and my bro still does. He's good friends with Alan. Alan is good people. My brother's got one of his modded Bassmans (Bassmen?) called a Charity I think. Did you play with him and Alejandro?
Small world indeed...Yeah he calls the amp a charity 30. It really cooks with the Koll too.

I'm ebarrassed to say how far back Al and I go, let's just say it was well before he started working with Alejandro and we both had a lot more hair.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Righteous! That two tone look is insane. Saul - you are friggin in the Riggin.

trisonic

Originally posted by abergdahl
:eek: ME WANTS :dude

Extremly cool guitar!!
What a surprise, Anders!
Did you see the blue of RVChevrons "you know what"? Kind of translucent mix of Daphne and Sea Foam (I think).

Saul also makes great guitars.

Best, Pete.

Trending Topics