Another Landry ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by aroman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. aroman

aroman Member

How does it Compare to the Bogner XTC 101B and Classic ?

2. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Landry is more Marshall voiced.

Bogner has sweeter lead tones. Darker overall.

Bogner has more low end and low mids.
    Clean tones are about equal, with the Bogner's being a little bouncier in the 'Loose' setting (comparing to the Classic - never owned a 101B, I always hear it's cleans aren't as good as the Classic).

The Landry is less compressed, and less forgiving.

3. tonesurfer

tonesurfer Senior Member

The Landry does exceptional fender cleans, has a better MV than the Bogner. The Landry rock tones are straight from the 70s and 80s, Superlead and modded JCM800. The Bogner is more liquid and compressed overall, can get a little nastier, the tones are straight from the 90s. The Landry is handbuilt the old fashioned way, the Bogner is factory made with circuit boards. I've personally found some of the Bogners to sound a bit sterile.

4. aroman

aroman Member

That is what I want !!

5. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I will tell you guys that the BRAND NEW updates to the Landry make the highs a little more pleasing to my ears and nudges it a TINY bit more towards the Bogner type of tone than before. No, it doesn't sound like a Bogner and that's not what I'm saying. But I'm saying that the Landry is a tiny bit darker with the updates. I like it more now.

Also, I think the Landry actually has more "low lows" or something, whereas the Bogner has more "low mids?" You guys may not agree with that, though.

6. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Landry has a much larger sonic footprint. Bigger lows, more highs, less compressed and more open sounding than the XTC. Xtc is considerably darker and more mid range heavy for sure. With that said, I got to hear the Landry LS100 with a few new tweaks and it smokes. It's a bit smoother while still having excellent clarity and is really punchy. Still considerably more open sounding than the xtc. Killer...