Another Low Gain Drive Thread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JParry335, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I have a GC and a DOD looking glass. The looking glass works well too.

2. JParry335

JParry335 Member

Just wanted to update.
    GC arrived today. Holy guacamole! It’s exactly what I needed.
    It adds the warmth, grit and soul that I had been seeking. It’s a keeper for sure.
    Thank you David!
    I’m sorry it took me so long to come around.

3. JosephZdyrski

JosephZdyrski Member

I’ve come to the conclusion that a DOD BoneShaker with the drive off is a better sounding OD sound than any other pedal. Boost it with an SD1 if I want it to scream more.

Insane tone. I now prefer my tone to anyone’s .... Mayer’s, Robin Ford’s, Eric Johnson’s ... name guitarist, my drive sound is better in my opinion anyway. Which is all that matters in the end and I get that from what about 80$ in pedals?? 40$ really as the SD1 is only optional as the BoneShaker can go from clean to scream just by varying dynamics.

4. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

What settings do you use on the boneshaker.

5. JosephZdyrski

JosephZdyrski Member

These I haven’t changed em in a while. I always take pics of my favorite settings now just in case I ever lose my settings on the way to a gig or someone looks at pedals and starts turning knobs without asking.

It’s hard to see the inner middle knob but it almost 12 o’clock maybe a bit past 12... if you can see the other knobs I’ll explain those too just lmk.

LordThurisaz likes this.
  6. Gracehoper

Gracehoper Member

Fat Rat? I have a Keeley modded Rat (switch for original, Mighty Mouse or Fat Rat) and I use the Far Rat side as much as the original. Especially for slow and quiet songs.

7. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

I'd just get a ProCo Fat Rat. Can run at 18v, the mosfet clipping is smoother, and the fat switch fills out the sound nicely.

stonecabin likes this.