Another MF Amp Story!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by XKnight, Aug 29, 2008.

1. XKnight

XKnight Member

I bought an amp over two weeks ago from my beloved MF and even payed $69 extra for MF shipping because of the amps extra weight. MF promptly sends me a tracking number that doesn't register with UPS, FEDEX or any other shipping service known to man. Several emails to MFs fabulous Customer Service go unanswered and after a week goes by I get a call on a Monday from some trucking company I've never heard of asking me when I'd like to schedule delivery of my MF amp. I'm very MF happy now until the MF trucking company proceeds to explain that they don't deliver to residential addresses during the week even though they are calling me on a Monday to schedule the delivery. So, another week has gone by and I still don't have my MFing amp. I can only hope that I receive it in one piece this weekend so I don't have to send it right back to the MF that sold it to me.

By the way the amp in question is a Vox AC15 Heritage Series that better sound like an Angel's harp or MF is going to eat it. Okay, rant over! Thanks for listening.

2. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

I was half way through your MFing post before I picked up on your sense of humor.;)
    Hope the amp gets to you in one MFing piece.
    Peace.

3. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

By MF do you mean Mother F***kers or Musicians Fr**nd?

or both?:roll

4. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

that was the whole schtick.

5. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I know. I just like typing Mother F***ker.

Mother F***ker:D.

6. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

That's hillarious. Maybe I'm just overtired, but the op was great. "MF"-- the irony has totally escaped me, until now. Anyway, those heritage vox's are supposedly the cat's a**, so I'm pretty sure you'll be happy.

7. Marshall Man

Marshall Man Member

Hope you get it this weekend. Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you waiting to see if those MFers lost my amp! It has taken four phone calls to customer service just to get my invoice. They have a tracer on my amp now.

8. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I believe that after the MFer moved their warehouse to outside of KC, Missouri, they started using this delivery company:

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

9. XKnight

XKnight Member

That's the MF who delivered my amp this morning. There was cow dung all over the box, but otherwise the MF amp made it in one piece and does sound just like an Angel's song. If not for Vox shipping these in a double box, this amp would have been toast. No love for MF or the MF shipping company from me, but I'm impressed with the Vox. Another happy ending!

[​IMG]

10. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Wow that's sharp! :drool Are you gonna lay down some clips for us?

11. Millo 3.1

Millo 3.1 Member

so what's it like?

12. anibas

anibas Member

It wouldn't have been DHL,would it?I get nervous anytime I buy from MF,and they use anyone other than UPS to get it to me.XKnight,that picture is hilarious,man!

13. XKnight

XKnight Member

I've only been playing on the EF86 channel so far and it's the best shimmering clean tone I've ever heard. It really is a beautiful sound. That alone is worth the price of the amp. The EF86 with the Celestion Blue seems to be a perfect match. This amp can get very loud for 15 watts.

Thanks. I probably won't be posting any clips since I basically suck and don't have anything proper to record with.

It was a company called Roadway. They literally pulled up in front of my house in a semi truck. It tool them over two weeks to deliver.

14. Jiffy_Jeff

Jiffy_Jeff Playin Tunes and Having Fun! Silver Supporting Member

If I were you I would get a hold of MF and tell them the MFing trucking company took over two weeks to get there.

Get your extra money spent on shipping back. Complain a little more and get a discount on that amp. Ive had problems like this in the past with MF, and if you get loud enough, they will give you some $$ back..

good luck..