Another mini-pedal from catalinbread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fizzspitz, Mar 26, 2008.

1. fizzspitz

fizzspitz Member

[​IMG]

The Valcoder was designed to replicate the square wave tremolo sound that was available from the old Valco-designed amps of the 1960s. What the Valcoder has over those older units is an additional Depth control that the amps lacked — so you can get shallow and shimmery type tremolos as well as the full-on machine gun staccato choppy stuff. The Speed knobs range extends further than most other tremolos out there too — from super slow 'I shouldn't have drank all that cough syrup! 'pulses to pseudo ring mod/delay ping tones at the max settings. If you have onboard soft amp tremolo already, the Valcoder can offer you a totally different flavor that still sounds amp-like and natural — all stuffed into our cute little Bantam Box enclosure.

$139.

http://www.catalinbread.com/products.php

2. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Nice! I wonder if its a similar circuit to the semaphore

I have the serrano boost. Its excellent and the micro size is cool and mucho useful.

3. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

kool, man someone should buy all of the mini pedals and make a mini pedal board!!

Aj

4. erksin

erksin Member

It's its own circuit, though the Semaphore can cop 95% of the sounds of the Valcoder. The Valcoder can go MUCH faster...

Semaphore ->:crazyguy<- Valcoder

5. erksin

erksin Member

Pretty sure fatback is on it! :roll

6. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

"our cute little Bantam Box enclosure."
    They've claimed Hammond's box as their own?

7. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Linky please!

8. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I think I'm gonna get me one of these. I just got a Super Chile Picoso. Nice.

9. erksin

erksin Member

Dang - tough crowd... :eek:

10. erksin

erksin Member

I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure he has them all - including the Phaeton...

11. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Some guys have all the luck. At least he puts them to good use.:JAM

12. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Can the valcoder get classic trem sounds as well ?? Does the depth knob get you in classic throb land if you know what i mean ?? If i could get a nice mellow trem sound from this I would get one in a heartbeat. Always being a square wave trem worries me a bit...

Any plans for a soft trem in a box in a mini box :) ??

Recently bought one of those mini Serrano Picoso clean boosters. Great product.

13. erksin

erksin Member

The Speed knob has a LOT of range, it can do very slow up through near ring mod territory - so it definitely can cop the more classic speeds in the middle ranges as well.

And yeah - the Depth control enables you to soften the chop considerably, you can make it as subtle as you wish.

No plans to do a triangle wave trem in a small box, since 99% of the onboard trems in amplifiers are triangle wave. The thought behind this one was to offer a square wave option in a small package to players who already had Fender-style trem from their amps.

14. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Thanks - may have to give one a go. The size of these mini pedals is very, very appealing. Any chance we'll hear some clips soon ??

15. erksin

erksin Member

Yeah - I'm heading to Nic's this weekend, maybe we can put something quick together.

We plan on eventually doing really extensive high quality audio/video demos with different amps and guitars for all of our product line. We're just swamped and haven't been able to book the time to do it.

16. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Sounds good man - I'll watch out for the clips....

I'm telling ya - keep expanding that mini line...........you guys are on to something with those for sure....

17. erksin

erksin Member

It's pretty tough to shoehorn a circuit in there, but somehow Nic figures out a way to do it!