ANOTHER NEW AMP DAY?? First a Fillmore, now a California tweed.

:facepalm

The last thing I need. Just leaving GC.
40 watt 1/12 combo. Mesa is making some incredible amps right now. Never thought I would say that. My Fillmore is my favorite all around amp right now. This one is totally different. Squishy, warmer, not as detailed or punchy, but sweet as can be.

Clips asap.

Stunning looks to go with the great tones!

20221111_222947.jpg

A friend of mine here in VT , bought the California Tweed when it came out. He leads a blues band and he loves it. He's never been a gearhead but these past few years started buying a bunch of stuff. (he's about 60 and started as a teenager like me, and he was my neighbor) . . I've been kinda wanting to go visit him to check it out! :) What makes it different than your other amps?

Eric

A friend of mine here in VT , bought the California Tweed when it came out. He leads a blues band and he loves it. He's never been a gearhead but these past few years started buying a bunch of stuff. (he's about 60 and started as a teenager like me, and he was my neighbor) . . I've been kinda wanting to go visit him to check it out! :) What makes it different than your other amps?

Eric

Hey Eric.
I don't have anything tweed like as the bassman was just to loud for my rooms.
I am also a die hard Blackface type man. If I could only have one, this or the Fillmore, it's the Fillmore for sure, as that's MY tone. However, this has great cleans as well, just much looser, forgiving and not AS clean.

I'm sure you know the basic tweed vs BF tones, and that's what these do. The reverb on the Blond is not as good either, but my bet is tweed circuitry makes it different. It's still excellent, and MUCH better than the MK Vs, I checked! It's a much easier amp to play than the Fillmore, because it's not as clear and precise. Just like a Bassman compared to a Super Reverb. It's also a bit more difficult to dial in than the Fillmore, but still nothing like a Mk series at all.

I feel really lucky to have both. It has to sound great or I would never have bought it. I have 30 days from GC to be sure, but like I was with the Fillmore, I'm 99.9 % certain this will be around for years. A total blast to plug into. Very inspiring, but still, the Fillmore Knocks me dead!
:beer

Eric
4 6v6s!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom