Another new Kemper clip...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by SBRocket, Feb 12, 2012.

1. SBRocket

SBRocket Gold Supporting Member

I've had the KPA for a day and I really love it. It's right on par with all the other great modelers as far as sound goes but I do find it easier to get great tones out of it.

As compared to my Axe 2 and 11 Rack, I can say I really like this form factor and UI the best of all of them. The knobs and buttons are really well laid out and I've only gone to the manual for things like the USB ports and stuff like that. It's also great that the buttons do different things by pressing or holding them. This thing was clearly designed with a big focus on how guitarists interact with amps and effects.

I was surprised but the gain knob really does work well. I was sure a dirty profile could never sound good clean but they really do. The rest of the controls are very effective too. And while there are not a ton of effects, it does cover a lot of the bases. I'd love to see some pitch shifting and a few other things I use occasionally in the fx. I'm sure that will come along, but not soon enough ;)

It does remain to be seen how quickly they update the unit. Which is not a problem except for a few things that are not in the current software, like USB drivers and the Performance mode. It would be a shame of that stuff does not come along quickly but I really do love the sounds so I can def live with it until they bring all that other stuff online.

Here's a clip. I made the track in Garage band on my iPad in about 30 minutes. I was rushing so the chords are off in a couple of spots and the drums are kind of loopy, but it sounds OK. Garage band is a very cool practice tool.

Also, I was a bit sloppy in some parts, my wife kept asking me to cut it out because this song was depressing (It's supposed to be) so I rushed a bit. There are no FX at all except for a tiny bit of buss comp on the 2 mix.

The lead was all 1 KPA stock model called "Little Rebel Dirty" with it's internal compressor and delay on. I did back off the gain on the original patch. I never touched the controls once I started playing so the dynamics are all just the one profile in 1 position. Also the guitar is an EBMM axis with Lollar p90's.

SB
    [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/sbrocket/because-sb[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. fakeox

fakeox Member

3. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Awesome. Not an easy tune to rush on either. One of my favs.

4. Csgband

Csgband Member

Moved to Austin, formerly from Brooklyn, NY
  5. RiGLEY

RiGLEY Member

Very nice! Great job!

6. journo

journo Member

Wow! That's sounds good!!

I do need to get a P90 guitar.

Cheers,

Mats N

7. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

Sounds GREAT, well done Sir!

8. DougDoppler

DougDoppler Member

Excellent tone and very soulful playing:)

Cheers,

Doug

9. MontyW

MontyW Member

+1 on that :agree

10. SBRocket

SBRocket Gold Supporting Member

11. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

Awesome! sounds very real to me