another new one from the new album: "Yesterday"

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by batsbrew, Apr 1, 2018.

1. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

2. corbs

corbs Supporting Member

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing this!

3. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

you are very welcome!

and thanks for listening, and commenting

4. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

bumpin' this once before i take it down to host another

5. Gilky

Gilky Gold Supporting Member

Another great tune, great job.

6. maestro007

maestro007 Member

Pretty Nice man! Good sound! I liked the beginning tonal sound and the ending solo and all of it really. No showboating on the solo i dig that....just feel and what sounds good, thats what I respect about it. Were going into the studio 2 weeks... I'm really excited. All our home recorded stuff is on sound click and myspace and myspace doesn't seem to be working lol. I can't wait to go into a real studio w our new stuff
    (two weeks) I didn't even know they had this here. Anyway enough about me. That was sweet. :) Ill check your stuff out. Ill buy the album (i like supporting original bands) if I like it all for sure. Maybe add some soul singers in the background and you'd nail it. God I shouldn't critique it was so good.Keep up the good work. Thats an original right? Thats all Id ever want to hear. I wouldn't bother listening to a cover unless they made it their own or something. Respect!!!! Cool Tune!!!!!!!!Makes me not want to post my home recorded stuff and just wait. Well engineered as well. Keep up the good work. Maybe Ill buy your album if I can get a taste of more are you on iTunes?

Is this a band or all you?
    Whats the name of the band?

7. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

hey gilky! thanks a lot for commenting

8. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

hey maestro, appreciate the offer to pick up a copy,
    you wont be sorry!

all of my songs are originals, tho on this one album, i have done a licensed cover of 'Bad Moon Rising', the old creedence tune.... tho i made it my own!

Bats Brew is the name of the band, and it's all me, except for the live drums on the tracks of this album.
    really good drummer

maestro007 likes this.
  9. maestro007

maestro007 Member

Holly ****, thanks for reminding me!!!! Ill buy it today or make a note to buy the CD tomorrow. Im gonna listen to the entire album straight through and play what i like to my band and friends.

Very nice tone and "chops feel". Thats what I dig. Great work! Ill be sure to let you know what I think and of course play to friends if I like the entire album etc :). I'll support any original band that I really like! Especially unheard bands you know. Any advice you have legal or otherwise would be great. Were about to spend even more on an entertainment lawyer "we think" after. argh....lawyers thats a maybe... Were doing Vinyl (which is cool we already have preorders and our friends and pseudo friends that see us all refuse a free copy they want to pay for it which makes us feel great and one guy is for some reason ordering 5 of both but I believe he owns a store I dunno well see what really happens thats not important), also iTunes, and CD but no other concrete distribution plans yet outside of iTunes but thats ok for now. Do you like CDBABY?

Keep up the great work!

Bats Brew huh? Dig it! I like this version very much!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  10. Dasein

Dasein Member

I've got this one on its way to me as well via CD Baby - really looking forward to it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  11. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

thanks maestro, for the support....

cdbaby is fine for the digital side..
    they put your stuff directly into amazon, itunes, spotify, and a hundred other lesser players......
    you pay a one time fee for them setting your files up, and then they take a percentage of each sale.
    go on their website, it's very easy to understand and figure out what you need.

maestro007 likes this.
  12. maestro007

maestro007 Member

Hey man, I just added both your albums to my iTunes library. I am a member of the 5.99 a month plan so technically Im renting it but Ill always be on it so they will remain in my library, hope you get something for that, so far I listened to the entire Stay album, Ill check the other later I gotta jam myself but your guitar stuff is soo unique brother. I particularly liked moonshine with the acoustic backing up leads combined was bad ass. Also really liked angel (very unique) guitar work and the tone you got on it and its originality I liked all of it what can I say I'm impressed. I like the vocals when you guys get harmonizing...Unless that was two people I dunno. I like your singer best on the harmony parts. Like on the "Shaman Song" I like the harmony on the vocals on that and Heaven a lot! You guys don't try to sound like anyone so I totally respect all of it. You guys should do some all instrumentals or throw one on. I guess thief at first sounded regular rock at first but but still cool and only at first sounded basic (angry though and I liked it anyway) you will pay you will pay ha ha. then it got whoa really interesting out of nowhere. You guys are fantastic.... kinda psychedelic too like us just in a different way. And your choice of grooves and melody are unique on guitar...Loved the solo on First Track. I dunno what tune I liked the best. Was there something on that First track solo where you do the whah work..Nice job!!! I like all your change ups. Hell Im no critic. Good job! Not one song on there I didn't like.

Hey did you notice the soundcloud above is gone? Everyone should listen to this band FYI. Really good. Impressive guitar work, unique tunes and just flows really cool unique lead grooves! At sometimes a little gilmorish (Ive gotten that don't take offense) and others totally different. I like that you didn't try to repeat and make all your songs sound the same like other bands do. What do you have two guitarists or just overdubbed here and there? Good keys too!

Thats all I can really articulate now. Good job! Ill check out CDbaby and see if thats the way to go or not.. I dunno.
    Very inspiring. Liked the double lead sounds too...what was that an eventide, axe-fx or just overdubbed there too? Nice either way.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

it sure is taking it's sweet time, eh?!
    the squirrel cages are spinnin' fast!

14. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

wow maestro007!
    man, that's a lot to digest there...

so glad you checked out both the "Stay" and the "Trouble" album....

i have another album (3 in all) that is on iTunes, but because of a messup with the way they put it in their systems, it's called "The Time is Magic"

you have to search "batsbrew" (one word) to find it..
    here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/cy/artist/batsbrew/486672030

that's cool........ don't know what i get for that, don't care. just njoy!
    and check out the 3rd album as well, it has a cool instrumental on it.

moonshine was a fun, and easy song to track..... ANGEL was much harder.
    I do everything on this project, even programming the drums. i sing and play all parts.
    not because i necessarily like it that way, but it does get things done quick. ;)

yea, trying not to sound like anyone else, isn't really an active goal...
    it just happens.
    Thief: based on a true story, hence the anger and angst! LOL
    yea, it does trip out, doens't it? gets kinda dark.....

First track is basically a song, with a jam attached..... that wah work was on a Budda Wah.

yes, the soundcloud link is gone, i'm only hosting these songs long enough for people to get to listen to the entire song if they want..... since these are for sale, i don't want to just host them forever. i put a couple up at a time, then take them down to host other ones....

\no FX on any of these tracks, except for verb or delay....
    just good ole multi tracking!

thanks again for your enthusiasm in the Bats Brew project!
    appreciate it.

maestro007 likes this.
  15. maestro007

maestro007 Member

You did all that yourself? Well your a helluva engineer then too and very talented to do all that yourself. We were considering getting an apollo system and doing it ourselves but went the more expensive way. Im not as good at recording as I should be. I can't mic an acoustic set well I don't think either. etc. I have stuff on sound click I did on my own nothing high tech. Were really excited though and its long overdue.

I use the crybaby 535Q...I like to be able to control my Q and frequency etc.

Whats your third album? Ill buy it direct... No problem.Itunes was just fast.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  16. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

hey maestro,

here's that link to the 3rd album:

https://itunes.apple.com/cy/artist/batsbrew/486672030

i DO play with other folks now and then,
    but in the studio i do my own tracks.
    i played in bands for years professionally, or full time, road work,
    so i got in enough gigs to last a lifetime!
    i've done quite a few collabs with other artists,
    a lot of which i've posted here!

maestro007 likes this.
  17. Dasein

Dasein Member

Ya - it arrived at my USA address on Saturday so I gotta drop across the border and pick it up. Looking forward to it.

18. batsbrew

batsbrew Member

19. maestro007

maestro007 Member

I apologize. You didn't have to reply to those questions. I was just curious.

20. maestro007

maestro007 Member

You know what......I just found this out. "iTunes WILL NOW allow me to buy music because Im a iTunes music member..." There is no purchase button. It simply adds songs to library or collection (meaning album). Thats interesting, I did not know as long as your a iTunes music member you cannot buy any music that you didn't previously own or add to your library manually. I wonder how that effects the artists now?" Ill buy a cd and add it. No big deal still thats interesting.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018