Another nice new B3 (Baker)

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Blauserk, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Blauserk

Blauserk Member

At Wildwood:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me likey! Gene makes great guitars. If I weren't newly cleaned out by major household bills, I'd be making a call about this one. Then again, I wouldn't have sold my old Baker USA if I weren't fresh outta cash.

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Go Gene go!

His new stuff looks fantastic. So good to see him back up on his feet again making great guitars.

3. fatback

fatback Member

freakin' gorgeous! :drool

4. michaelg

michaelg Member

5. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

Beauty....first I thought it was reliced, but that's all spalt...

what's the mini switch for? I don't see piezo wires coming out of the bridge

6. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Probably splits the coils on the 'buckers...

7. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

Yea...its' a coil tap...that's a shame. Never heard of tapping a '59 and a Pearly Gates, I wonder how that sounds.

Man, with a Piezo, that'd be the perfect guitar. That thing's got Feiten, bone nut, locking Tone-Pros, even a lo-jack tracking device.

8. emjee

emjee Member

I think the nut is made from a substance known as "Delrin". It was developed by NASA for applications that called for a super slick substance. This prevents wear in the string notches and eliminates that nasty "Ping" when you tune. Hi-tech! Gene says he was one of the first luthiers to use it for nuts, and many of the other makers are now following suit. Beauty of an axe. Check out that perfectly even 'burst finish! Glad to see Gene is back at it. He is truly a master of his craft.

MG

9. meangene

meangene Member

Actually its loaded with a Seymour Custom 5 (SH-14) and Pearly Gates neck, must be a typo, having a maple neck the Custom 5 helps tame down any out of control high end yet serves it up nicely even when split. Another typo is it has a 59 neck shape .870 to .950 and not the C shape listed. Actually the more I read it the more typos I find, DOH! Steve must have a new web guy, no worries we'll get it squared away plus this is the first b3 model they've gotten their jands on but more coming soon. Anyone interested in solid a Rosewood neck model should call Wildwood quickly as its almost on its way to them. And yes its a coil tap switch mounted the way Robben liked it. Piezo's bridges can be had just curious how many guys would prefer to always have them and care for the added cost.

10. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

Can't WAIT until mean gene's set up for custom orders again. I sure hope it's soon. Got an email and call in. My old B1 was the best guitar I've ever owned, just had those one or two little things that nagged at me. So I sold it knowing that gene-o would be back after the ER fiasco, now I'm just biding my time. Gene makes some of the greatest guitars in the world and he's a heck of a nice guy too.