Another NPD: Prescription Electronics Vibe-Unit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rosslevans, May 5, 2016.

1. rosslevans

rosslevans Member

Never played a real Uni-vibe. Heard plenty of great demos (and records) but that was the sound I was searching for. This thing is pretty rockin'. I'm not too sure what year it is, but on the inside of the pedal, on the side is VIII. Not sure if that is a year or version or what. Anyhow, it is very balanced. No volume loss or tone change as in too much bass or treble. It's a pretty big pedal, but not heavy at all for its size. There is a trim pot to tweak it, but I'm not gonna mess with it because what it has going on right now is pretty great. These units are no longer made and the ones with the wild paint jobs can go for big money, with the same sound. I got a great deal on this one. Super excited and believe this will be great for any vibe needs for a long, long time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bastian, James, LSMFT6 and 1 other person like this.
  2. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Still my favorite Vibe of all. Designed by Bob Sweet. Mine is one of the first, with the swirly paint job. I bought it new and it has never left my board in all these years.

3. jgyn

jgyn Member

Recently had a switch repaired on mine after a couple years. Forgot how good it sounds- up there with my KR Mega, Sweetsound Ultra, Mayer Voodoo etc. Mine's a plain metal color.

4. soulplane83

soulplane83 Member

I have a blue one that I love. One of the few pedals I'll always hang on to even if I don't have a gig that calls for it.

5. drabombs

drabombs Member

I had one but I sold it because it was just too huge but I really liked it and kinda regret it. I thought it crushed the EQD The Depths I had at the time too.

6. superslidetail

superslidetail Supporting Member

Great vibe, have owned a few of them of the years.

7. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I'd love to see Rx Electronics make a comeback. They made so many great pedals.

James likes this.
  8. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

Prescription Electronics doesn't get much respect, and they deserve it. They were making some cool pedals long before most of the "boutique" explosion, and they have made some really innovative pedals. I remember buying "The Experience" pedal from their first ad in Vintage Guitar magazine - without ever hearing it or seeing one in person - there were no youtube demos or gear reviews.....I sent my $139 away and hoped for the best.....I think it was the second "boutique" pedal I ever bought, right after I had Fulltone Fulldrive 1 serial #34.....and then the rabbit hole of boutique effects led me down the primrose path....:D

soulplane83, rosslevans and Meriphew like this.
  9. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I still have my blue sparkle/no LED Experience pedal. It's a beast.

10. Fulldrive-1

Fulldrive-1 Member

These ARE way cool. I've played a couple and they sound like a '69 Univibe I played through. This and the fulltone unit were two of the earliest ones.

rosslevans likes this.
  11. tozum

tozum Member

I love my gray Vibe Unit. It is the best I've ever played.