Another PRS price hike

Spencer11

I was shopping around for a PRS Special Semi Hollow and noticed today almost all their core models have jumped about 300 bucks. Special Semi Hollow from 4300 to 4580 and many of the McCarty 594s above 5 now. These were already incredibly expensive guitars, thoughts on this increase? It's pushing the point where none of these production line guitars feel worth the price anymore.

Spencer11

Looks like they're all (Gibson, Fender, PRS, etc.) raising prices big time now. I think I'm done buying new..
Used is just as bad now. There was a mccarty Hollow body ii I was looking at being sold by an actual store via reverb that has been increased from 4000 to 4600 to coincide with the price hike. I completely understand the need to up prices, but this is like the 6th time in the last 30 months, it's getting a little ridiculous. I'm probably just going to buy a bilt or novo now.

pickleweed

any reason why they all seem to be doing it at the same time? As in, why are they all jumping this week? NAMM?

goose1441

Yeah man it's basically priced me off this model, 4300 was about the max I could stomach, 4600 is just too much for something I barely considered worth the price tag to begin with.
Man, I remember when the special semi hollow came out and there was a batch on reverb for like $3,300, which was more than I felt I could responsibly spend at the time, so I went for a really nice custom 22 for $2k. Wish I'd have offloaded my strat to make that deal work. Upside of the price hikes is I'm getting less and less interested in the special 22 every day :dunno

Spencer11

Man, I remember when the special semi hollow came out and there was a batch on reverb for like $3,300, which was more than I felt I could responsibly spend at the time, so I went for a really nice custom 22 for $2k. Wish I'd have offloaded my strat to make that deal work. Upside of the price hikes is I'm getting less and less interested in the special 22 every day :dunno
It's insane, I still rememeber prices from 8 years ago so everything seems ridiculous. For example 1100 dollars is a MIM fender now? It is what it is just have to deal with it I guess, I suppose this will halt my G.A.S though because I can't stomach these prices anymore. Some boutique builders are looking like great value for money now.

Anyone know from experience if these prices ever come down? I always assume once it goes up it never comes back down.

I was shopping around for a PRS Special Semi Hollow and noticed today almost all their core models have jumped about 300 bucks. Special Semi Hollow from 4300 to 4580 and many of the McCarty 594s above 5 now. These were already incredibly expensive guitars, thoughts on this increase? It's pushing the point where none of these production line guitars feel worth the price anymore.

The good news is there are tons of companies to choose from nowadays making top notch stuff for wayyyyyy less than $5K.

webcat

I’m not savvy with PRS, why is that model so expensive? That’s ‘58 reissue Les Paul pricing

Trending Topics

Top Bottom