Another RockStar Supernova Thread....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by AchtungBaby, Jul 12, 2006.

1. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Member

Has anyone caught what Bogner heads that the lead player in the house band is playing?? He's pretty dang good, and he has killer tone!

2. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

The freaking sucks. Anyone from the last show is better than these broke ass wanna bee's.

That being said the guitarist is the highlight of the show. He played Shiva's last year, and to be honest was recovering from massive jetlag, so I saw his cabs, and assumed they were Shiva's like last year..

3. pala

pala Member

I read somewhere that they where Shivas...

Pala

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Drummer Kicks Azz too.........[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

The issue of guitar player magazine with INXS on the cover a few months ago had that guys full rig listed, pedals and all. He's played with a few different pop stars on tour also.

6. TimH

TimH Member

looks like exactly the same right from last year so I'm going with Shiva's.

7. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Member

whoops! sorry. I probably should have just taken the time to go to the supernova website where they have profiles on every member of the house band ha. This dude has been all over the place man. It says that he plays through an 800 also. Im guessing his 4 bogner cabs are all unloaded. Says he plays through a bogner 2x12.

8. bettiefan

bettiefan Member

Yeah, that guy is a really good player, too. He didn't hack his way through any of the songs they did last season. My girlfriend had to clean up the drool every time I looked at those amps, though. I've explained to her that the word "Bogner" is really close to "god" in my book.

9. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Plus they're RED!!! Yeah Baby!!!

I think the rig listed is just his normal rig. I bet there's extra stuff for the rockstar gig.

He's going to be touring with Pink again. Lucky bastid.

10. leviathan

leviathan Member

whats the website address?

11. kselbee

kselbee Member

His name is Rafael and his site (http://www.rafaelmoreira.com/) shows most of his gear. I emailed him with compliments and he personally responded. Seems like a good guy... and a KILLER player!

12. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Yup, Rafael is a great rock player. He certainly has that Bogner sublime toneage. The drummer is freakin awesome. Now, if they simply showed instrumentals of all these songs, that would be scrumtrulescent!!

13. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Member

Ha I back this statement 100%. I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love watching the judges try to be neutral and not express their opinion until after the performance, yet cringe and laugh during the middle of songs ha. It's truly sad that supposedly, those are the 25 best singers out of the 1000's of applicants. The others must have been absolutely putrid.
    Allthough, it seems to me that the Aussie has allready been chosen to be the winner, which I am o.k with. He has the look and presence, and has been the only one that has performed consistantly every time.
    I also appreciate your usage of the word "scrumtrulescent" ha ha.

14. seanc

seanc Member

man i like the rythym players array of matchless amps, combo's and cabinets. i would much rather a matchless amp then a bogner....however a bogner xtc would win all but thats besides the point.

15. reaiken

reaiken Member

I liked the white Explorer and the Firebird, and, of course, the red Bogners! That alone makes this show worth watching.

Randall Aiken

16. sws1

sws1 Member

I used Tivo to show down a clip of the amps. They are definitely red Shivas. One is ON. The other is off, probably as a backup.

17. lespauldude

lespauldude Member

There was also a Budda combo out there for a while, in front of the drum riser.