Another signal chain question--reverb and EQ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fuddy duddy, May 24, 2008.

1. fuddy duddy

fuddy duddy Member

I'm thinking of putting (after my tuner, ODs, chorus, trem, delay) the reverb second to last and the EQ last (Well, my BBE Sonic Stomp is the VERY last) before my amp.

Does that sound right?

Or is it better to have EQ right after the guitar and tuner?

Or should reverb be before delay?

What do you think? Thanks for opinions.

2. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

eq is usually either the first pedal in the chain or the first pedal after distortion...ive never heard of anyone using it after modulation delay and reverb...although your amps eq is technically that

3. fuddy duddy

fuddy duddy Member

I was figuring that since amps have their own basic EQ that it should go last, but thanks for setting me straight on that. Is that because the modulations mess with it too much?

How about reverb last? Any others have an idea on this?

4. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I would start here...

Amp-Boost-Reverb-Delay-Trem-EQ-Chorus-ODs-Tuner-Guitar

And, adjust the EQ around in the chain to see what you like. It depends a lot on how much you EQ. If you EQ heavy, I would put it closer to the front of your chain (your guitar). For lighter EQing, you can put it to the back. This is because heavily EQing your whole chain will make EVERYTHING sound EQed, which is generally bad.

There are no wrong answers, but the above chain should work okay to get you started...

5. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I suppose you could also more the trem after the delay... Well, good luck.. ;)