Another Slow Blues

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jakester, Jun 26, 2005.

1. jakester

jakester Guest

Im actually embarrased to post this clip after hearing the talent coming out of these posts. First let me explain that shoulder surgery gone bad in Jan. 2004 has really taken its toll, but I refuse to give up and know with enough determination it will come back someday. But this is about all I can handle at this time. You guys cant beat me up cause ya dont know where I live:D Blues Brawl I was trying to give the illusion of two kats sitting around a smokey bar room after hours just trading chops. It was fun and painful in the same time. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to post some srrious stuff. You can check out my collection at:Little Manatee Sound Now if anybody lives in West Central Florida and wants to give some lessons Ill either pay cash or wash your car....just kidding:dude

2. allthumbs

allthumbs Member

nice idea. Might have worked better as a call response thing. The second guitar is so far back in the mix it's hard to hear.

3. jakester

jakester Guest

Thanks.....Great idea. I also wanted to improve on the tone. I did 8 takes with my arm propped up on a pillow to keep the pressure off my shoulder and thats what I ended up with. I was just happy to get as far as I did. My plan is to use the original backing tracks and retrack both guitars and I hear what your saying. Should have left the overlaps out. It would have had much more impact. Hopefully Ill be back at it in a few months if Im not in for more surgery:( Thank you for the feedback:D

4. nickD

nickD Member

good luck with your shoulder brother. You sound good, must be great with 2 good limbs:cool:

5. Marty Horne

Marty Horne Guest

Jake,
    Nothing to be ashamed of here bad shoulder or not. Don't lose faith and I expect to see you soon. Best Wishes,
    Marty