Another take on Normster's Blues

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by slackandsteel, Nov 25, 2005.

1. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

2. Normster

Normster Member

Very mature playing style. I really liked the terse style in the beginning...just growing into more fluid playing as it progressed. Pretty cool!:D

3. CryBaby

CryBaby Member

Cool !
    :cool:

Very tasty and soft playing.
    Sweet tone!

What gear?

Lasse

4. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Being from Sweden and the same area as Lasse CryBaby I just chime in with him. Very cool tone and playing.

Gear and recording info please?

Cheers,

Mats N

5. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

I used an old Gibson 335 running through a POD 2.0 using the "small tweed" emulation. I think I had a little boost from a Barber Direct Drive in there also, but not much if any.

-Bill

6. scottl

scottl Member

Loved it! Great playing Bill! Reminded me of Grant Green meeting Chris Cain at times!

Just fantastic playing. Totally pro IMHO.

Scott

7. journo

journo Member

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info!
    This is the third time this week someone really has nailed a good sound with a POD 2.0. I must look into that.

Cheers,

Mats N

8. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Extraordinary playing! Another fantastic player! Taste, feel, style...you have it all together! One of my favorite blues clips on the net.

Thanks to Scott Lerner for calling me and making me come listen to this clip! :dude

9. Mike

Mike Member

Hey Slack ---

We're gonna be blasting some amps tomorrow night if you want to stop by. 6:30 or so. Let me know if you can make it!

Mike

PS - That POS Soundclick Player doesn't work for me, so I have to log in and download -- no workie right now. Looking forward to it though!

10. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Wow, what a surprise....I'm totally flattered to say the least for the compliments!

Not sure what the deal is with the Soundclick player for you is Mike. I think you can download the MP3s though. About tonight, I'll see if I can make it and let you know.

I also posted another clip on the Soundclick site called "Fusion Ripping" you might want to hear. This one is using an amp sim from Garageband. It's a short clip of me noodling around on my tele to a funk groove. You should be able to get to it from the link I posted in my original post.

Thanks again guys,

Bill

11. Mike

Mike Member

Hey Bill,

I finally got to download your clips today. Right on man, listening to the blues, one would be hard pressed to pinpoint which decade it came from! I love it when players can evoke that timelessness. And for you clipsters, I can tell you that he sounds even better in person! Bill, we'll have to get together again after you get that Zendrive.

Cheers,
    Mike

12. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Thanks for the compliments Mike, and for letting me play the best sounding amp I've played through in my life, the Two Rock Sig 50. What an incredible experience! Looking forward to doing some more jamming and hanging out.