Another Way Huge thread: The Super Puss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teddy boy, Mar 8, 2006.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Guys,

Has a Super Puss ever been in production? What are the controls and specs? Delay time, modulation etc....

2. autopilot

autopilot Member

Mr Huge only built 2 or 3 superpuss, i think the only difference with the aqua its the added modulation and extra 100ms

3. MrSage

MrSage Member

Not really "in production."

I think Jeorge made like 4 of them. They had about 600ms of delay time + modulation.

Essentially a boutique Deluxe Memory Man, if you will.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It was produced in vanishingly small numbers. There was one on Ebay about 6 months ago that sold for $3k or some such number? I'm aware of perhaps 5 that people can confirm they've seen and I'm not sure if the specs were finalized before they were produced. The one my brother in law played had delay, tone, feedback, rate and depth (for modulation). I don't remember if he said it had a separate FS for the modulation or not. Seems to me delay time was around 500 msec (so longer than the Aquapuss and about the same as the Memory Lane).

5. MrSage

MrSage Member

Yeah, 500ms sounds right. I thought they had one "modulation" knob, whereas the Galactic Swankulator (never built, as far as I know) had 600ms of theoretical delay time + separate controls for depth and rate.

6. MrSage

MrSage Member

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

right there w as the 5 knobber and then at least one that had the two extra little knobs on the left for speed and depth I think....

8. drolling

drolling Member

So it's basically a Deluxe Memory Man clone?

9. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I don't think so. It uses a different chip than the DMM and a somewhat different circuit, so it sounds pretty different (at least assuming it's similar to the Aquapuss which I've played).

10. BrunoM

BrunoM Supporting Member

That is correct :AOK